- Behind-the-scenes food tour of Pike Place Market
- Be one of the first people at the market on this Viator Exclusive that provides early access to Seattle’s most popular attraction
- Visit nine different vendors to sample at least 17 items, such as smoked salmon, a latte and White House–worthy chocolate
- Meet merchants and vendors, and learn about the market’s 100-plus years of history
- Try your hand at the flying fish counter, a Pike Place Market icon
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people provides a more personalized experience
- Don’t miss this chance to explore the market like an insider — this tour can’t be booked anywhere else!
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Up to 30,000 people a day visit Pike Place Market when they come to Seattle, but very few experience it like this! You'll receive personalized attention and enjoy interaction with merchants in the morning, before the busy crowds set in. It's a rare chance to experience the market like a VIP.
What You Can Expect
Spend a few minutes gazing at the infamous chewing-gum wall, adding your own colorful mark if you want. Then head to the main entrance of Pike Place Market, listening to your guide’s story about how the market got its start more than 100 years ago. Your first tasting is a cup of Seattle coffee — what else? Learn about how Seattle became the caffeine mecca that it is as a talented barista makes you a latte; steamers and tea are also available if you prefer. Continue your tour around the market, stopping at a total of nine different vendors to enjoy at least 17 tastings, from Seattle mainstays like smoked salmon and gourmet cheese to creative bites like organic crumpets with ricotta and lemon curd, or homemade Greek yogurt with pureed passion fruit.
Because your exclusive tour takes place right as the market opens, you’ll avoid the crowds typically found later in the day, offering the chance to chat with vendors and merchants before they get busy. You can even go behind the counter at the fish market to toss a fish through the air, just like the market’s famous fishmongers.
Your last stop is Fran’s Chocolates, where you’ll end your tour on a sweet note with a taste of delectable chocolate truffles and salted caramels. These sweets are favorites of President Obama and the First Lady and are given away at the White House. When your tour ends, continue exploring the market on your own, using your included VIP savings card to shop for tasty souvenirs and gifts to take home.