- Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) tour from Seoul
- Explore the front lines of the North Korea-South Korea border with your expert guide
- Discover the symbol of this zone, representing both division and unification
- Observe North Korea through binoculars atop the Dora Observatory
- Learn about the tumultuous history of the country as you visit Imjingak Park, the Freedom Bridge, the 3rd Infiltration Tunnel and the DMZ exhibition hall
- Choose from several tour options
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Going to Pyeongyang, North ...Photo by: Alvin C
- MonumentsPhoto by: Alvin C
- Huge BellPhoto by: Alvin C
- DMZ CollagePhoto by: Nicholas S
- The Korean Ginseng Centre.Photo by: PaulS
- View of North Korea from ...Photo by: Alisa W
- Empty train station to North ...Photo by: Katie H
- DMZPhoto by: Katie H
- DMZ 3rd Infiltration tunnel ...Photo by: Katie H
- DMZ bridgePhoto by: Katie H
- The viewing platformPhoto by: Katie H
- Entrance to the viewing ...Photo by: Katie H
- Our guidePhoto by: Katie H
- Trip to Demilitarized ZonePhoto by: Jocelyn G
- Entrance to Third ...Photo by: Canuck
- Hoop doet levenPhoto by: Martina v
- Dora HillPhoto by: Julian F
- DMZ FlagsPhoto by: Julian F
- IMG_1996Photo by: Anonymous
- Freedom BridgePhoto by: Anonymous
What You Can Expect
This tour was amazing!
Sonya went out of her way to be helpful
Very interesting trip
The tour was very interesting and well organized.
Our guide Sunny was very knowledgeable and pleasant and during the tour we learnt a lot about Korea in the past the Presant and even the Future-the dream abot the Unification.
We recomend the tour warmly!
Incredible experience. Sunny our tour guide was perfect, very informative and helped with any questions we had. A very surreal experience but a must to do in Seoul
Suny was one of the best tour guides I have ever had. From the second we got on the bus she tried hard to connect all of the people on the tour, walking around and asking how we said hello in different languages, she really did a great job of making sure we knew she cared about it, it would have been vetry easy for her not to do this. She was also amazing on the rest of the tour, we always felt that we were looked after and taken care of, as a single woman on this tour i was very grateful for that. She was happy and caring and a wealth of knowledge. I have recommended this tour to all of my friends due to her strength as a tour guide, Good job hiring her!! thank you!
Pick up and drop off was right on time. We had a very engaging English-speaking guide. Learned so much about North-South Korea. Highly recommend this tour from Viator.
Our Tourguide Hana was awesome. She spoke fluently english and answered every question we got in our mind.
Be careful with the confirmation Mail as it can land in the spamfolder. Before the tour we were picked up by a small shuttle which took us directly to the tourbus.
It definitely was a nice experience to get to know Korean History. After the tour we took lunch together and had a nice talk about the culture in Korea.
Very well planned. Our guide Michelle was very engaging, animated and very personable. She shared her personal perspective of N. Korea which made the drive to the DMZ zone interesting. She kept us abreast of what we were going to see and how much time we would have. Highly recommend. Best part of our trip to Seoul.
It was a great learning experience.
Because of a miscommunication the confirmation email from the tour company was dumped into my Spam folder in my email, and we were advised also by the hotel officer that nobody from the tour came at the agreed time, we missed the hotel pick-up. However, Sunny and Erica were very gracious and asked us to meet them at another pick-up point, and they paid for the taxi fare.
On our way to Imjingak and DMZ, our tour guide, Erica, kept reminding us of important details so that we don't run into problems while visiting DMZ, such was when not to take photos because we will be in a military facility, the steep slope going to the tunnel so that we can gauge if we are healthy/fit enough to be able to go up and down the tunnel, to stay with the group so that we don't get lost since it is peak season of the tour, etc.
The way Erica provides information about the tour, the history of the Korean War, etc. is very inspiring and moving. I can sense in her the national pride of being able to fully recover and develop into a rich nation from being a totally poor and devastated post-war country, and the hopefulness for a reunification. It made me respect South Korea and its people even more.
When we got to the observation platform overlooking the demarcation line/Korean border and North Korea, my friend told me that some of the tour guides from the other tour groups simply pointed the tourists to the huge billboard and asked them to read the labels of the interesting spots, and them left them on their own. Our tour guide, Erica, however, took time to point and explain to us the interesting things we can see where is the flag pole, where is North Korea, where is the Kaesong Industrial Park, etc..
Overall, we were taken care of very well and Erica provided a very good learning time to us.
This tour was excellent. The tour guide, Sunny, was very helpful, knowledgable, and kept us entertained on the bus ride. The sites we got to see were very interesting, and it was a surreal experience actually seeing a North Korean town from the observatory. The only thing that I didn't like was the stop at a duty free shop on the way back we were there for quite some time and most people were not interested in buying anything. Overall a small complaint out of a very interesting and worthwhile experience.