- Half-day walking tour of Seoul's historical and cultural landmarks
- Visit the Bukchon Hanok village area and see traditional Korean houses
- Score great deals at the Gwangjang Market
- Learn about the culinary history and preparation of tteok, the popular Korean rice cake
- Admire the beautiful traditional Korean architecture of Changdeokgung Palace
- Small-group tour, limited to 12 participants, ensures a unique experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Next, visit the Tteok Museum, a unique museum detailing the history, culture and preparation of tteok, the ubiquitous Korean rice cake. Gain insight into the tteok-making process through hands-on programs. Learn about the use of rice cakes in Korean rites of passage, and see displays of the 180 varieties of tteok. Be sure to sample this beloved Korean treat on the first-floor café.
Continue on to Changdeokgung Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The royal palace is renowned for its traditional Korean architecture and garden design. Changdeokgung is one of the famous Five Grand Palaces and a favored palace of many princes of the Joseon Dynasty. (Please note: Due to opening times, tours that fall on a Monday will visit Kyungbokgung Palace instead.)
Visit the Gwangjang Market and browse through a wide selection of high-quality silk, satin and linen bed sheets and apparel. Inside the market, find more than 200 food stalls selling a wide variety of snacks, from spicy Korean rice cakes to bibimbap (mixed rice). Try the gyung dan, sweet Korean rice balls, and hobaak jook, a delicious pumpkin porridge.
Your tour concludes with a visit to Gwangjang Market. You can then use your newfound knowledge of Seoul to continue exploring or return to your favorite spots for another look.
Excellent tour and extraordinarily great guide
Sunny was awesome! She picked me up on time and took me where I wanted to go. Very knowledgeable and had strong English! She even shared a local snack with me at the market. Very kind- highly recommend :)