- 3-hour art and tapas tour of Seville with an expert local guide
- Explore Seville Museum of Fine Arts on a walking tour
- Admire masterpieces like the Virgin of the Napkin by Murillo
- Learn of Spanish art history while seeing religious artwork from Renaissance and Baroque periods
- Visit a local tapas bar and enjoy two plates of local delicacies with drinks
What You Can Expect
Gaze at masterpieces by Renaissance supremo El Greco, and learn about the artist’s colorful Mannerist style of painting. Works by eminent Baroque painters are also in abundance at the museum, so look out for gems by Zurbarán and Riberia as their works are given pride of place.
Stop to admire Murillo’s Virgin of the Napkin and Torrigiano’s Sculpture of Saint Jerome – two highlights of the museum – and learn about the key differences between the two artists’ styles of work. Whereas Murillo was Seville born and bred, Torrigiano hailed from Florence and his work is often likened to Michelangelo’s art.
After exploring the museum and learning about the different pieces of artwork, head outside and take a leisurely stroll to a nearby tapas bar. Enjoy up to two drinks (beer, wine or soft drinks) alongside two plates of tapas while chatting with your guide about art and food in Seville. Dishes vary on each occasion, but expect local specialties that are simple yet decadent.
Your tour finishes inside the bar, but you can stay inside for longer if you wish. Additional drinks and food are at your own expense.