- Book by December 31, 2014 and travel by December 31, 2015 and save 10% compared to the local supplier's prices!
- Private 2-day Xi’an tour from Shanghai
- See the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Terracotta Warriors
- Gain insights on a guided walking tour of Xi’an’s Muslim Quarter
- Visit the Han Dynasty-era Tomb of Emperor Jingdi (Hanyangling Tomb)
- Enjoy scrumptious traditional Chinese meals in local restaurants
- Airfare and a 4-star hotel deluxe suite included
What You Can Expect
Your two-day excursion to Xi’an begins with pickup from your Shanghai hotel for the short drive to the airport. After your 2-hour flight, be met at Xi’an airport by your private tour guide and driver.
Your first stop in Xi’an is one of China’s most famous attractions – the world-renowned, 2,200-year-old Terracotta Warriors. The four main burial pits are filled with the awe-inspiring sight of 8,000 life-size statues of soldiers, 130 chariots and more than 650 horses, depicting the armies of the first emperor of China. After visiting this amazing museum, you’ll enjoy lunch in a local restaurant.
After lunch, enjoy a scenic drive to Xi’an, where you’ll have free time to explore the ancient city walls by either bicycle or on foot. You’ll also take a guided walking tour through the local Muslim Quarter and visit its landmark bell tower, then enjoy dinner in the quarter before checking in to your deluxe hotel suite for the evening.
Overnight: Union Alliance Atravis Executive Hotel in Xi'an
Day 2: Lianhu Park – Hanyangling Tomb – Shanghai (B)
After breakfast at your Xi’an hotel, you’ll be taken to see the 2,100-year-old Hanyangling Tomb, the Han Dynasty’s version of the Terracotta Warriors. Your visit to the underground museum reveals the tombs’ huge array of figurines, including pottery animals and painted statues, which you can view from a glass walkway above the burial galleries.
If you booked the one-way option, your tour concludes here. If you booked the round-trip option you will be driven to the Xi'an airport to catch your flight back to Shanghai, where your private driver will be waiting to take you back to your Shanghai hotel.