- 2-hour pottery-making class in Shanghai
- Learn about the ancient Chinese art of pottery from your instructor, an expert local artist
- Discover methods of shaping clay and making intricate decorations
- Create your own piece of pottery to take home with you!
- All art materials and equipment included
- Small-group class limited to 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Enjoy being part of this time-honored cultural tradition of ceramics, an ancient Chinese art form originating more than 11,000 years ago. Learn from your instructor, an expert local artist, about the variety of construction materials used, such as bricks and tiles, and the products created, from hand-built pottery fired in bonfires or kilns to sophisticated porcelain wares made for the imperial court.
Get hands-on and discover several methods of forming and shaping clay and crafting intricate decorations and stylistic flairs. Use the various tools and equipment in the workshop with the help of your instructor to create your own pottery – a piece of true artwork to display proudly to your friends and family back home.