- Guilin day trip from Shanghai by air
- Visit Elephant Trunk Hill and see the unique formation resembling an elephant dipping its trunk into the water
- See the Buddhist sculptures at Fubo Hill
- Discover the Reed Flute Caves, Guilin's most extraordinary sight
- Round-trip airfare from Shanghai to Guilin
What You Can Expect
After flying into Guilin from Shanghai, you’ll be picked up and brought to the Elephant Hill, located on the western bank of the Li River. The shape of the hill resembles a large elephant drinking water through its trunk. Climb up the stairs for a bird’s-eye view of Guilin.
Next, visit Fubo Hill, a peak that stands in the middle of the Li River. Fubo Hill soars up 203 feet (62 meters) and is 700 feet (213 meters) high above the sea level. The hill resembles more of a vertical rock eruption than a hill, and its peak affords beautiful views of the countryside. Walk to the Returned Pearl Cave and the Thousand Buddha Cave to see etchings of Buddha dating back to the Song and Tang Dynasties (618 - 1279).
Finish by visiting the Reed Flute Cave, a natural limestone cave with multicolored lighting. Wander inside and you’ll be amazed by the large number of stalactites, stalagmites and rock formations. The fascinating Reed Flute Cave dates back 180 million years.
After seeing the best of Guilin in a day, you'll return to Guilin airport and head back to Shanghai.