- 2 -night private tour of Shandong from Shanghai
- Hop aboard the world’s fastest bullet train to Qufu
- Explore the Temple and Cemetery of Confucius and the Kong Family Mansion, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Head to the top of Mt Tai by cable car to view South Heaven Gate and Sun Viewing Peak
- Return to Shanghai or continue to Beijing by bullet train – it’s up to you!
- Enjoy personalized attention and commentary from your private guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is a wonderfully flexible private tour for those who want to see Shandong and zoom on to either Shanghai or Beijing.
What You Can Expect
Absolutely fantastic. Our guides were knowledgable and took great care of us.
Six family members all enjoyed the historical sites in Qufu and Taian. We especially liked Annie (sp) our tour guide who was very helpful at explaining the historical significance of the sites. She did everything to make sure we all enjoyed the tour. The sites were amazing and would be enjoyed by anyone interested in Chinese culture. There is a good bit of walking and stair climbing and may be a bit challenging for older folks like me. The hotel Queli is conveniently located near the Confucius Temple and is clean and comfortable. My one problem with the tour was that the six tickets that were purchased for us for the bullet train trip back to Shanghai were for assigned seats scattered around one car. Since the train was filled to capacity we were not able to sit together for the three hour trip to Shanghai. We booked this tour many weeks ago so there was no excuse for making the six of us ride in different places around the car. Since two of our party are children this presented a big problem. We have been on several Viator tours and we certainly didn't think it would be necessary to specify that the six of us wished to be seated together on the train. One benefit of using tour companies is to have knowledgeable professionals anticipate problems. If I had booked the tour on my own I surely would not have taken the trip if I could not get adjacent seats on the train.