- Full-day private tour of traditional Shanghai
- Explore Yuyuan Garden, a beautiful classical Chinese garden
- Visit the Jade Buddha Temple and Chenghuangmiao Temple
- Browse and bargain for unique goods at Dongtailu Antique Market
- English-speaking private guide
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Visit the Jade Buddha Temple to see the intricately carved jade Buddhas and ancient paintings. The temple was built in the architectural style of the Song Dynasty (960-1279 AD), characterized by symmetrical halls and courtyards, upturned eaves, and clay-tiled roofs. Enjoy lunch at a local Chinese restaurant.
Next, stop by the Chenghuangmiao Temple – the ‘Temple of the Town Deity.’ Back in ancient China, every city had its own temple to worship its local deity, who was believed to protect the townspeople. Today, the temple’s main courtyard is filled with local people worshiping the statues of a local military hero and the town god.
Finish your day shopping for mementos, vintage trinkets and gifts at Dongtailu Antique Market, Shanghai’s only remaining flea market. Keep your eyes out for revolution-era porcelain statues, Chinese dishes, vases and old cameras. With 125 stalls to browse, the market offers a not-to-be-missed experience.