- Full-day customizable private tour of Zhujiajiao
- Plan the perfect day in Zhujiajiao, based solely on your interests, with the assistance of your expert local guide
- Explore the ancient water town at your leisure and gain a unique insight into small-town life
- Glide along picturesque waterways on a boat; visit small shops; taste interesting delicacies; and take part in age-old local traditions
- Your guide will help you interact with the village locals, ensuring you get an authentic experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Very good guide, good tour
Mary was our tour guide. She picked us up at our hotel and travelled to the water town. We had a lovely time there. Mary told us lots of information about the town, she was super friendly and made the day lots of fun. We had lunch at a lovely restaurant looking out at the water. On the way back as we still had time so Mary took us to the Bund for a walk along and to a Confucius temple. A very enjoyable day!
Our guide was very helpful and friendly. She spoke good English.
My children enjoyed several activities on this tour.
1. Releasing fishes and turtles into the river and praying for your wish to come true!!!
2. Aiming coins into the Tall Collection Bowl at the Goddess Temple.
3. The boat ride.
4. Feeding and taking photos alongside the Pet Macau birds.
You can bargain and buy a few really artistic masks and trays from the street shops.
If you have about four to five hours to spare, this trip is definitely worth the time. Our guide also told us some native stories and some local politics!!!!
Our tour guide was a local girl who was very knowledge of Shanghai. She showed me everything I wanted to see in Shanghai in 8 hours. Granted I did not have much time to shop, but I was able to see where I need to go back to and shop on my own. She was a lovely guide and took us to a local place for lunch which was excellent. She suggested for us not to eat the street food. I would recommend this private tour to anyone going to Shanghai for the first time. I wish I could of spent my whole time with her showing me around.
was a brilliant day - our guide Mary was superb, knowledgeable, had a great sense of humour brilliant English and went at our pace, nothing was too much trouble for her. Zhujiajiao is well worth a visit but Mary told us best to avoid the weekend when the Chinese go for a day out! we went on a Monday and it was easy to walk around. boat ride essential to get the feel of the town - lots of crafts to be seen and bought at reasonable prices - better than Shanghai.
Thanks for the opportunity to get to visit this historical and interesting village. An amazing history and beautiful, gentle locals. Our guide Mary was excellent, particularly local knowledge. We had an amazing lunch and the travel to and from the village so perfectly arranged. Thanks Mary and Viator
Our tour guide Annie was great!
There really wasn't much to see in the town, it was interesting, but very commercialized. Lots of souvenir vendors it you like that kind of thing. We were through the town and had lunch in a couple hours. By no means a full day tour, so when we got back to Shanghai, Annie took us into the Old Town district and a tour of the Yuyaun Garden. Great place and Annie knew it well. She made a 1 star tour into a 5 star and we got the full day we had paid for. Only givng this a 2 star rating, because that's how we felt about Zhujiajiao, but would highly reccomend Annie for tours in Shanghai.