- 5-hour Shanghai sightseeing tour on foot
- Glean lessons from an expert local guide on Shanghai’s history and architecture
- Explore cultural treasures like Yuyuan Gardens and the old Shanghai bazaar, and check out future urban design plans for this mega-metropolis
- Wander the intricate alleys of the shikumen, discover the famous Xintiandi area and enjoy picturesque vistas over Shanghai's skyline
- Learn about the rise and fall of the Taiping Rebellion, the opium wars, the creation of the colonial concessions and more!
- Complimentary pickup from selected hotels
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 10 people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
To balance the bustle of the modern city, your small group will seek solace in the Chenghuangmiao (Temple of the town God), the central shrine for Taoist worship in China. Dating back to 1403, the temple's main courtyard is still active with worshippers.
Then, switch gears with a visit to the historical French Concession. Founded in 1862 in southwest Shanghai as a result of the Treaty of Nanking, the Concession is a pleasant mix of wide tree-lined streets and European-styled architecture. Discover a gateway to the past as you follow your guide on a walk past the old shikumen-style townhouses, noted for their courtyard residences.