- 2.5-hour Shanghai food and walking tour
- Sample a variety of popular dishes and tasty Chinese delicacies
- Experience Shanghai’s food culture as you walk to several restaurants and stores
- Learn tips to finding the freshest produce at the market
- Pick up some Chinese phrases from your knowledgeable guide so you can order like a local
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This Shanghai food tour was designed for those who love to nibble, munch and completely devour authentic Chinese cuisine.
What You Can Expect
This was a really good tour - we explored the area near Jingan Temple. The first stop was for noodles and tofu in a vegetarian restaurant - delicious. Then a walk to a local food shop where our guide Mai pointed out local foods and on the way out of the shop we tried mooncake - my favourite - a hot light pastry enclosing minced pork which was delicious.
Next a walk to a local market to inspect fish and meats, and vegetables and fruit upstairs. Mai answered all our questions and explained what was special. Next stop for street food - the locals lined up at is stall selling deep fred tofu and sticky rice. Then a little further after picking up some green tea, a stop at a local restaurant for dumplings. All the food was terrific - we really enjoyed this tour and felt that we understood a little more about the food in Shanghai. Mai took great care of us. Highly recommended.
Our guide has such enthusiasm about shanghai and its culture. She not only shared the Shanghainese culinary style but also other beautiful places in china. I totally love this tour and thank you Annie!