- 3-hour Segway tour of Catania with an expert local guide
- Explore Catania’s UNESCO-listed historical center, seeing Baroque palaces and Roman ruins
- Stop for photos in Piazza Duomo and see the Fountain of the Elephant, carved from volcanic rock
- Glide along Via Etnea, Catania’s vibrant main street, before exploring the park of Villa Bellini
- Listen to tales of Catania’s medieval history on a stop outside 13th-century Castle Ursino
What You Can Expect
Travel into the heart of the city, arriving in Piazza Duomo. Learn the history behind each architectural gem as you admire the surrounding Baroque palaces. Check out City Hall and snap some photos in front of Fountain of the Elephant, made from Catania’s signature volcanic stone.
Continue along Via Etnea, the lively main drag named after Sicily’s enormous – and very active – volcano. Then, make your way to Piazza Stesicoro to see the city’s Roman ruins, including the site of the old amphitheater.
Afterward, journey into the park of Villa Bellini, winding your way up to Piazza Dante, overlooking the city. Check out panoramic views from San Nicola Church before exploring the exterior of the Benedictine monastery.
As you descend back to the city center, make a final stop at the 13th-century Castle Ursino, the medieval showpiece of Piazza Federico di Svevia.
Your tour will conclude back at your original departure point.
BATTERSBY666 United Kingdom
We have done quite a few Segway tours and find it a great way to get around a city and gave fun at the same time. Our guide spoke very good English and was very knowledgable. We were accompanied by the owner who took the lead and ensured our safety whilst crossing roads.
The directions for the puck up point were confusing. The main place to look for is Porta Udiza which is the entrance arch at the far end of the Piazza Duomo. This was our only issue with the paperwork as roads and locations in Italy can be very confusing.