- Full-day private shore excursion from Messina to Acireale, Catania and the Cyclops Riviera
- Visit the beautiful baroque Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul in the village of Acireale
- See top Catania attractions, such as the Roman theatre and the thermal baths
- Enjoy an incredibly scenic drive along the Cyclops Riviera along Sicily’s coast
- Private tour ensures a more personalized experience and flexibility to explore at your own pace
- Port pickup and drop-off included
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Next, head to the charming fishing village of Catania. Situated at the base of Mt Etna, the village has been destroyed seven times by this volcano and many earthquakes. Nevertheless, you'll see the remains of the 2nd-century amphitheater and the 3rd-century Roman theater -- the Odeon -- and the village's thermal baths. Take a stroll at your leisure along the beautiful Via Dei Crociferi before continuing your trip along the Cyclops Riviera.
The Cyclops Riviera, comprised of lava stone from Mt Etna’s numerous eruptions, stretches for 9 miles (5 km) along the eastern coast of Sicily. Be enchanted by the stunning coastline and hear the Homeric myths and legends behind the one-eyed giant son of Poseidon and Thoosa, where the riviera got its name. Catch the area’s beauty at its best as you wander along the seafront and spot hand-painted fishing boats in small inlets. At the end of this magnificent day, your driver will bring you comfortably back to your ship at the port of Messina.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Messina port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.