- 3-hour Segway shore excursion of Messina with an expert local guide
- Ride along Messina’s wide boulevards, built after the 1908 earthquake
- Glide around Piazza Duomo and pose for photos by the elegant Messina Duomo
- Marvel at the Arab-Norman architecture of the Church of Santissima Annunziata dei Catalani
- Hear tales of Don Juan of Austria, who fought for Sicily in the 16th-century Battle of Levanto
What You Can Expect
Coast past the locals in the bustling Piazza Cairoli and head toward the University of Messina and Court of Justice in Piazza Pugliatti. As you travel along the wide, sweeping boulevards, learn the history behind the Sicilian city from your guide, including the massive reconstruction that occurred following the infamous 1908 earthquake.
Arrive in Piazza Duomo for a glimpse at one of Sicily's finest cathedrals, the Messina Duomo. Note its famous astronomical clock, said to be the world’s largest, and the Norman-style architecture.
Continue to the Arab-Norman Church of Santissima Annunziata dei Catalani and pass some of the city’s most impressive Baroque fountains and Neo-Classical palaces.
Journey past the lovely medieval church of San Francesco d’Assisi next, continuing through the tree-lined paths in Messina’s public park. Afterward, check out the famous Fountain of Neptune in Piazza Unità d'Italia before returning to Catalani Church.
Please note: This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy, so please leave yourself ample time to enjoy your tour. The departure point is a 5-minute walk from the Messina cruise port.