- Full-day private shore excursion from Messina to Taormina and Mt Etna
- Visit the charming town of Taormina and see its ancient theatre and the Palazzo Corvaja
- See the majestic and fascinating Mt Etna -- one of the world's most active volcanoes
- Private tour ensures a personalized experience, with flexibility to explore at your own pace
- Port pickup and drop-off included
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Pass through the town of Giarre before arriving at the Crateri Silvestri. This strange lunar landscape is well worth a stop to take some beautiful pictures! Your driver will then take you to one of Sicily’s most beautiful places: Taormina. This picturesque town, known for its unspoiled natural beauty and climate, has been a world-famous resort since the end of the 19th century. The inhabitants have managed to preserve their local culture and ancient history while providing efficient modern organization.
Enjoy a delicious lunch at an outdoor café (own expense) and taste some of the local specialties. Then, see the Ancient Theatre of Taormina, built by the Greeks during the 3rd century BC. Look out over the magnificent Bay of Naxos and Mt Etna before continuing to the Palazzo Corvaja. This palace, built in the 14th and 15th centuries, represents several different architectural styles: Arab, Gothic and Norman. It is named after one of the oldest and most famous families of Taormina, which owned it from 1538 to 1945.
At the end of your shore excursion, your driver will bring you back to your ship at the port of Messina.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Messina port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.