- Full-day private shore excursion to Palermo, Monreale and Mondello
- See top Palermo sites, such as Cappella Palatina and Benedictine Abbey
- Admire the magnificent Duomo in Monreale, one of the most stunning Norman churches in Sicily
- Explore Mondello -- a popular beach resort in the Palermo region
- Visit Tonnara, once the most active tuna factory on the Sicilian coast
- Private tour ensures a personalized experience and flexibility to explore at your own pace
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on time return to your ship
Monreale is located above the Golden Valley, named for the once numerous citrus orchards that dotted the valley. As you discover the town at your own pace, see the remarkable cathedral complex around which the town was built and visit the magnificent Duomo. Dedicated to Santa Maria Nuova, this church is filled with famous works of art. It may appear plain from the outside, but inside, the stunning golden mosaics are simply captivating. Enjoy a delicious lunch (own expense) at a nearby restaurant and taste some exquisite local specialties.
Continue to Mondello, the most popular beach resort of the Palermo area. Originally a small fishing village, this town has been transformed into a popular coastal destination. Explore the remains of the old Tonnara, once the most active tuna factory on the Sicilian coast, and see its most historic site -- the old stone watchtower. Wander to the harbor and enjoy the sight of small fishing boats bobbing up and down and old men fishing from the jetty.
In the late afternoon, your driver will take you back to the Palermo port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Palermo port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.