- 3-hour Syracuse Segway tour with an expert local guide
- Explore the island of Ortygia, where most of Syracuse’s top attractions can be seen
- Travel past ancient Greek ruins that were built by Dionysius the Great
- Learn about Syracuse in its heyday, when it was one of the largest cities in the ancient world
- Pose for pictures in Piazza del Duomo and admire the 17th-century Archbishop’s Palace
What You Can Expect
Learn about the Corinthian, Roman and Byzantine rule over Syracuse as you explore, coasting past Apollo Temple in Piazza Pancali and the ancient Greek walls by Dionysius the Great.
Continue down the main street toward the Fountain of Aretusa, one of Syracuse’s most beautiful ancient monuments. Check out the surrounding Gothic architecture and head to the bustling center square, the Piazza del Duomo, home to City Hall, the Archbishop’s Palace, the colonnaded Duomo and more.
Afterward, travel up to the ornate Castle Maniace, perched above the city. Glide around the citadel walls, admiring sweeping views of the sea.
Cross Umberto Bridge to mainland Syracuse, where Our Lady of Tears Sanctuary sits. Learn about the miracle that once occurred there while admiring the structure, uniquely designed in the likeness of a teardrop.
Before concluding at your original departure point, pass the Catacombs of San Giovanni and soak up views of Parco Archeologico della Neapolis, which hosts the ancient city's most significant ruins. Marvel at the Roman amphitheater dating back to the rule of Emperor Augustus and keep your eyes peeled for the Ear of Dionysius.
very informative and relaxed tour. The guide really looked after our safety on the roads. Got to see a lot mor of Syracuse and Ortigia than would otherwise have been possible. Segways are easy to master after short lesson at the beginning of the tour