- Full-day private shore excursion from Taormina to Acireale, Catania and the Cyclops Riviera
- Visit the village of Acireale and see the beautiful baroque Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul
- See top Catania sites including the Roman theater and the thermal baths
- Enjoy a scenic drive on the Cyclops Riviera along Sicily’s coast
- Private tour ensures a more personalized experience and flexibility to explore at your own pace
- Port pickup and drop-off included
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on time return to your ship
Next, head to the charming fishing village of Catania, situated at the base of Mt Etna. This village has been destroyed seven times by this volcano, as well as several earthquakes. Nevertheless, you'll see the remains of the 2nd-century amphitheater and the 3rd-century Roman theater – the Odeon -- as well as the village's ancient thermal baths. Take a walk at your leisure along the beautiful Via Dei Crociferi before continuing your tour along the Cyclops Riviera.
Comprised of lava stone from Mt Etna’s numerous eruptions, the Cyclops Riviera is surrounded by myths and legends. Stretching for 9 miles (5 km) along the eastern coast of Sicily, this enchanting coastline got its name from Homeric myths depicting the one-eyed giant son of Poseidon and Thoosa. Take in the area’s full beauty as you stroll along the seafront and spot hand-painted fishing boats in small inlets. At the end of your spectacular day in Sicily, your driver will bring you back to the port of Taormina.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Taormina port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.