- Full-day private shore excursion to Taormina and Mt Etna
- Visit the charming town of Taormina and see its ancient theater and the Palazzo Corvaja
- See the majestic and fascinating Mt Etna -- one of the world's most active volcanoes
- Private tour ensures a personalized experience and flexibility to explore at your own pace
- Port pickup and drop-off included
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on time return to your ship
Next, pass through the town of Giarre before arriving at the Crateri Silvestri. Explore the strange lunar landscape and be sure to take photos of this spectacular place. Next, your driver will take you to one of Sicily’s most beautiful places – Taormina. This charming town has been a world-famous resort since the end of the 19th century. Known for its unspoiled natural beauty and climate, the inhabitants have preserved their local culture and ancient history.
Enjoy a delicious lunch (own expense) at a charming outdoor café and taste some of the local specialties. See the Ancient Theatre of Taormina, built by the Greeks during the 3rd century BC. Look out over the magnificent Bay of Naxos and Mt Etna before visiting the Palazzo Corvaja. This palace, built in the 14th and 15th centuries, is named after one of the oldest and most famous families of Taormina, who owned it from 1538 to 1945, and represents several different architectural styles: Arab, Gothic and Norman.
At the end of your day, your driver will bring you back to your ship at the Port of Taormina.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Taormina port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.