- 3-hour food tour of Siem Reap at night
- Savor the flavors of Cambodian snacks and dessert like Khmer rice cake and sweet mangosteen
- Ride away from tourist crowds on a remork-moto
- Visit a fruit market and explore the bustling street stalls of local food vendors
- Hear insights from your guide about local delicacies, including fried cricket, red ant and spider
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Insect SnacksPhoto by: Suzanne M
- Scrambled eggsPhoto by: Gary M
- Not your usual apples and ...Photo by: Gary M
- and quot;Interesting and ...Photo by: Gary M
- Food stall #4Photo by: Cedric R
- Food stall #3Photo by: Cedric R
- Food stall #Photo by: Cedric R
- Food stallPhoto by: Cedric R
- Fruit marketPhoto by: Cedric R
- Budhist temple on the tour #2Photo by: Cedric R
- Budhist temple on the tourPhoto by: Cedric R
- Starter soupPhoto by: Cedric R
- local restaurantPhoto by: Cedric R
- local producePhoto by: Debora A
What You Can Expect
Our guide, Kim, was fantastic! We started out meeting at a street market and went right to the bug stall, LOL! Definitely lots of interesting items to try. We wandered through the market trying tons of local foods and then went on to an actual sit down dinner at a restaurant at which point I was already full! We were given a Cambodian plaid napkin/scarf as a keepsake, which was a nice touch.
One of the highlights of my time in Cambodia. The tour guide was quite informative. I got to see a side of Cambodia a normal tourist wouldn't see. I went to places where I was the only tourist in sight. It was amazing to see and taste the local cuisines. Highly recommend if you want to see a different side of Cambodia. Guide was not pushy at all, he let me try food at my own pace. If I refused he was okay with it. It also really helped that he would show me how to eat the food first. I felt so comfortable and intrigued by the whole tour.
My tour guide was a man called Khemara Kim, during the day he runs an NGO training school teaching the youth of Cambodia how to cook. Lovely man, lovely tour.
We thoroughly enjoyed the street food tour! Our guide managed to work around the wet weather and introduced us to a wide range of foods. A very enjoyable evening, well worth the money.
gerry United Kingdom
Out of the 4 street food tours we have done in 3 countries on this trip, this was equal best with Hanoi. It is everything you want a food tour to be, mainly, a large variety of food, this didn't disappoint.
Along with the exotic fruits, BBQ'd meats and other delicious delicacies, there was the more unusual eats for the adventurous.
These included dung beetle, tarantula, stuffed frog, crickets and durian this is the first time I really enjoyed it
None of this is compulsory, but its not as bad as you expect, though the tarantula abdomen tasted a tad funky.
Our tour guide was great and made the evening interesting and enjoyable, it was all washed down with a can of local beer.
Mr Chanmol was most informative and greatly helped to understand the Cambodian food and Daily lifestyle.
A bit confronting but worth the effort.
Encountered many food types not in our common western diet such as insects and innards.
Once again Hai was exceptionally good guide. This was almost the highlight of my trip, bit hard to beat Angkor Wat etc. I even tried local delicacies, my fav being Jack fruit.
Very authentic and you'll be taken to the real local markets off the tourist track
Excellent tour. It was everything I hoped for. Our tour guide M spoke excellent English, was engaging, and knowledgeable. I'm so glad we did this tour and heartily recommend it. Personally I tried everything, including crickets, silk worms, and a water beetle. But even if you don't have an adventurous palate, there's still plenty of delicious fruits to try as well.
Absolutely fabulous way to meet the locals. Our guide Lot was delightful showing us all the best spots in town. A great introduction to life in Siem Reap.
The tour was amazing! Excellent guide who showed us the local markets which are completely different from the tourist markets and also took us to a local family owned restaurant who cooked us an amazing meal which was included in the package. Highly recommend this for everyone...