- Private Tuscany hiking tour with transport from Siena
- Hike through the vineyard-rich region of Chianti with your expert guide
- Enjoy a picnic lunch in Chianti overlooking olive groves and vineyards
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town of San Gimignano at your leisure
- Walk along the Via Francigena, an ancient pilgrimage road in San Gimignano
- Private tour with an expert guide ensures a more personalized experience
Following your expert guide, unleash your inner adventurer on a scenic, leisurely-paced walk through the gorgeous Chianti countryside. Stop along the way to enjoy gelato or coffee (own expense) at a local café. At the end of the hike, your friendly guide will lead you to a spot where you can relax and enjoy a picnic of cured meats, locally grown vegetables, breads and cheeses, accompanied by a glass of wine.
After the picnic, you'll be picked up by air conditioned minivan and driven to San Gimignano, a colorful medieval hill town surrounded by vineyards that produce one of Tuscany’s most popular white wines, Vernaccia. Explore the town's breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage-listed city center, famous for its medieval architecture and panoramic views over Tuscany. Stroll down the Via Francigena path as your guide explains the history of this ancient pilgrimage road, said to link Rome to Canterbury in England.
After tracing the pilgrim's steps down Via Francigena, you'll have time for independent sightseeing in San Gimignano. See beautiful monuments in Piazza del Duomo and go inside the impressive cathedral (own expense), or browse the local shops for quality saffron spices that the town produces. In the late afternoon, meet your guide back at the minivan for the relaxing return journey to Siena.
Note: This hiking tour is suitable for those in good physical condition, and who have experience with long walks. Although the walking trails in Chianti are open to everyone, remember that the area is natural and unspoiled, so the ground can be uneven and, in some places, steep and narrow.