Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring you’ll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- Half-day San Gimignano trip and wine-tasting session from Siena
- Learn about San Gimignano’s medieval history and architecture from a friendly guide
- Enjoy free time in the hilltop town, seeing attractions like the Collegiata and Via Francigena
- Take a tour of a Tuscan winery and try the region’s famous Vernaccia white wine
- Snack on a plate of antipasto (crostini, olives, cheese and more) while sampling Tuscan wines
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Learn all about the compelling town from your guide as you travel, and then enjoy free time in San Gimignano to explore at your own pace. Admire the fascinating architecture around Piazza della Cisterna and Piazza del Duomo, and have your camera ready for photos by the Collegiata – San Gimignano’s Romanesque cathedral. Perhaps take a stroll along the Via Francigena strip – an ancient pilgrimage road – or visit the shops to browse the locally made handicrafts and beautiful Santa Fina pottery.
Meet your guide at the pre-arranged time and travel to a renowned Tuscan winery in the countryside near San Gimignano. After a tour of its vineyards and wine cellars, sit down to enjoy a wine-tasting session, sampling the region’s full-bodied Vernaccia wine. The only white Tuscan wine to have achieved Italy’s most prestigious wine classification – DOCG status – Vernaccia has been considered to be one of the country’s noble wines since medieval times. Savor its dry, floral tones and compare its rich flavors against samples of other Tuscan wines.
Italians like to eat as they drink, so follow their lead and soak up the delicious wines with some light antipasto. The snacks served during your wines tasting will vary each time, but expect treats like crostini and bruschetta with olives, cheese, ruby-red tomatoes and cured meats.
At the end of your tasting, return to your minivan for your journey to Siena. Your tour finishes back at your hotel.
This was a fun tour. We had a couple of hours in San Gimignano which was great. It's a delightful little town that I think you could spend a couple of days enjoying. The wine tasting over lunch was absolutely hilarious. The guy running the wine tasting was a real comedian and had all the groups there laughing most of the time. The wines were very nice and the oils were great. It was just an all-round great experience.
This tour was amazing!