Numbers are limited to eight people on this small-group tour, ensuring you'll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- Guided full-day trip to Montepulciano and Pienza from Siena
- Drive through the magical landscapes of the Crete Senesi
- Discover the Val d'Orcia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Savor lunch and a Pecorino cheese tasting (included) on an organic dairy farm with spectacular views
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures an intimate experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Pienza is rightly considered the gem of the Val d’Orcia region; the town and the entire Val d’Orcia are World Heritage Sites. You'll have time to spend at leisure here, so make the most of it by shopping or exploring the pretty alleyways of this small town at your leisure. As you leave Pienza, enjoy the fantastic views of Tuscany’s famous picture-perfect scenery.
Your next stop is a local dairy farm, where you’ll feast on a wholesome and refreshing lunch (included) of fresh ingredients mostly produced on the farm. You’ll also enjoy a tasting of Italy’s salty Pecorino cheese, hear about the cheese-making process, visit the farm’s animals and learn about the lifestyle of the area.
In the afternoon, travel to Montepulciano, one of Tuscany’s biggest hill towns, located on a steep hill overlooking the amazing landscape of the Tuscany-Umbria border. With your guide, take a short walk around town to see the Piazza Grande at the top of the hill. You’ll then have free time to visit the town’s many stores, palaces or churches. On request, visit a winery to enjoy a tasting of Montepulciano’s renowned wine and tour the wine cellars before your relaxing ride back to Siena.