- 1.5-hour horseback riding tour through Tuscan hills and villages
- Ride a horse that is suited to your ability and confidence
- Follow your guide along horseback-riding trails used by ancient pilgrims walking the Via Francigena
- Ride through open countryside, woods and pretty Tuscan villages
- Round-trip transport from Siena to the Tuscan countryside by air-conditioned minibus
What You Can Expect
When you reach the stables, your guide will give you a quick safety briefing and show you how to put on your riding hat, before helping you into the saddle for a quick practice session around the riding arena. Every effort will be made to ensure that you’re well matched to your horse, with novice riders given the gentlest ones.
Setting off at a leisurely pace, follow your guide on horseback along secluded roads and then along the woods trails that zigzag through the countryside and pretty Tuscan villages. The trails were once used by ancient pilgrims following the Via Francigena – a route that is said to have once linked Rome to Canterbury in England.
Admire the scenery, seeing it change from a patchwork quilt-style landscape of emerald fields to one of sun-bleached streets lined with terracotta-colored houses, as you ride between countryside and village. Your guide’s expert knowledge of the local terrain means that you’ll be taken on the best routes to suit your ability.
While this riding tour is aimed at novice- to intermediate-level riders, should you be more advanced, your guide will give you the opportunity to trot or canter through stretches of the countryside. After roughly 1.5 hour of riding, return to the stables and help the groom unsaddle your horse. Then, board your minibus and return to your Siena hotel where your tour finishes.