- 6-hour Ubin kayak tour from Singapore
- Paddle a sit-on-top sea kayak past Changi Beach and the rocky granite coves of Pulau Ubin
- Spot wildlife in the mangroves, sea grass lagoons and coastal forests of Chek Jawa
- Keep an eye out for dolphins, monitor lizards, manta rays and sea otters in this rich geological area
- Learn kayaking techniques from an experienced guide
- Perfect outdoor adventure for nature lovers!
What You Can Expect
A granite island made up of rocky shores, mangroves and inland creeks, Pulau Ubin is home to a variety of wildlife and vegetation around its waterways. With your guide leading the way, leave Changi Beach, paddling into the sea and then into tidal streams that bisect the north and south parts of the island. Pass by the cape of Chek Jawa, where 250 acres (100 hectares) of wetlands surround Ubin’s eastern tip, and take a look at the mangroves, coral rubble, sea grass lagoon and coastal forest that make up the ecosystems here.
Continue on, paddling by dolphin hunting grounds and a sea eagle nesting site, and look for manta rays swimming in the water. Move into inland rivers at high tide to paddle down creeks and into mangroves, where you may spot a monitor lizard, tree snake or hornbill.
You’ll take a break for lunch (bring your own food and drinks), where you can eat while enjoying the marine scenery. Near the end of the tour, pass by otter nesting areas and watch for them playing in the water. You’ll finish back at the starting point, where you can change into dry clothes before departing Ubin on your own.
To see a map of the kayaking route, click the 'View additional info’ link.