- Round-island tour of Singapore with private guide
- At Kranji War Memorial, commemorate the lives of those who bravely defended Singapore in WWII
- Visit Changi Chapel and Museum and learn about the lives of former POWs held in Changi Prison
- Enjoy lunch at a local Singaporean restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off and transport onboard an air-conditioned vehicle
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Then visit Bright Hill Temple, known for its turtle pond and Chinese crematorium. Walk around the grounds with your guide to admire the temple’s detailed architecture and landscaped gardens before driving past the 1939 Johore Battery to see a replication of a 15-inch (38-cm) ‘monster gun,’ one of the largest guns mounted outside of Britain during WWII.
Next, head to a local restaurant for lunch, and then make your way to Kranji War Memorial, which overlooks the Straits of Johore and is dedicated by name to more than 20,000 people who lost their lives during the war.
You’ll finish up at Gardens by the Bay, one of Singapore’s most popular recent attractions, which enjoys a prime location on the edge of Marina Bay, next to Marina Bay Sands resort and casino. This modern garden complex houses more than 250,000 types of plants, as well as the unique Supertrees, vertical gardens that tower above the landscape. Hear from your guide how the gardens were created as part of Singapore’s effort to increase the amount of green space and vegetation in the city. Your tour then ends with hotel drop-off.
Colin B New Zealand
Carolyn C New Zealand