Read what other Viator.com travelers think about the Raffles Hotel Singapore Half-Day Tour. What they loved, what they liked and what they think could be improved, it's all here to help you make the most of your next trip.
The tour of Singapore including High Tea at Raffles and the bumboat cruise was great. It included a tour of the Selangor Pewter factory and showroom as well. The high tea was everything we expected and more and the bumboat ride is well worth doing as it shows a totally different aspect of the city. Singapore is probably the cleanest city that I've visited so far and I'm sure that anyone who takes this trip won't be disappointed.
The trip to raffles was very good the tour guide was very helpful and made the trip a really good experience.
1. Pick up from Hotel was on time and comfortable in the mini bus.
2. Change over at the "Big Wheel" to the large coach was efficient - just a little hot even in the shade during the wait but that was because of the nice sunny day we had.HINT: On a hot day, ensure you take a hat or some type of sun protection and a bottle of water. Our Guide even suggested an umbrella and/or a fan.
3. Our Guide was very friendly, happy and looked after us very well. She had a good understanding of local history.
4. Our walk around the streets was very informative, as was our tour of the museum.
5. We had a good look around Raffles and she then ensured we were first in line for the 'High Tea'. High Tea was excellent, I had read some reviews where people weren't impressed, but my wife and the other 3 ladies in our group thought it was excellent. We had all the expected treats of a High Tea and it was all of high quality. My wife and I had a Singapore Sling which was a great improvement on the one we had in the Long Bar at this Hotel on our last trip a couple of years ago.
6.The ride in the boat along the river and into Marina Bay was interesting, good to see the buildings from another angle and we found a lot more restaurants on the banks of the river and Bay.
7. The Pewter Factory was also interesting, we saw how it was made but we were not in need of any pewter even though there were many beautiful pieces available.
8. Drop off back to our Hotel was easy.
All in all the Tour was worth the money we paid, we saw many things we would have missed if we hadn;t taken the time to take this tour. Our friendly and informative guide looked after us well and made the tour that much more enjoyable.
We were looking forward to this so much and thankfully we were not disappointed.The whole experience was wonderful.
Good Tour enjoyed it all especially the afternoon tea at Raffles which was superb
We were not disappointed with our visit to Raffles. It was everything we expected it
to be. It was worth the trip to Singapore and the remainder of the tour was very informative. Very enjoyable.
Amazing building and High Tea was delicious. We also visited there at night which was well worth seeing.
Loved the tour and especially the High Tea in the Tiffin room at Raffles. Our guide was great and very informative on the history of Singapore. Well worth the price.
Really good value trip. Raffles hotel afternoon tea would be worth it on its own. TIP:Dont eat lunch beforehand, there is so much to eat and not just sandwiches and cake, there are some lovely asian dishes too such as steamed dumplings. Service was excellent. If going on this trip in the monsoon season,as we did(NOV)DEC) then try and take a brolly!!
The tour was very informative with highlights of the Raffles Hotel and enjoyingt an afternoon Tea buffet, the cruise on the bumboat seeing the colonial buildings, traditional chinese shops, going through the different bridges with different statues like the children hanging from the side of the river and seeing how Pewter is made. We would recommend this tour for those who enjoy the history of places or even to experience an afternoon tea buffet and bumboat ride.