- 2.5-hour morning walking tour of Chinatown
- Experience the rich cultural history of Singapore's traditional Chinese district
- Visit Thien Hock Kheng, the oldest Hokkien-Chinese temple in Singapore
- Learn about Chinese traditional medicine
- Hear the history of wealthy-turned-artistic neighborhood Ann Siang Hill
- Excite your senses with the variety of herbs and spices in the Chinatown Wet Market
Start by exploring Thien Hock Kheng Temple, the oldest and most important Hokkien-Chinese temple in Singapore. Look for the rooftop dragons and phoenixes, gold panels, and intricate structures. Take time to admire this wonderful exterior – Thien Hock Kheng Temple was recognized for its architecture by the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Heritage 2001 Awards for Culture Heritage Conservation Building.
Next, walk past the well-preserved shop houses and get a feel for what it was like for Chinese immigrants who made Singapore home.
Venture into the Chinese trade stores, including one specializing in traditional Chinese remedies and another one specializing in Chinese funeral rituals. Learn about the different forms of traditional Chinese medicine, including herbal medicine, acupuncture and massage therapy.
Visit Ann Siang Hill, a former enclave of the rich and influential that is now an area of artists. Finish your tour by meandering through the Chinatown Wet Market and learning about the herbs and spices used in traditional Chinese cooking!