- A 40-minute or 1-hr flight over the backcountry of Sitka in a floatplane
- Look below for views of mountains, water, and maybe even wildlife
- Chat with your experienced pilot about the sights using a headset
- Land on an alpine lake to get out and explore Sitka’s backcountry
- Enjoy the company of your small group on a floatplane that only accommodates three to five people
- Round-trip transport to your Sitka hotel included
What You Can Expect
The itinerary is largely determined by weather, but you can expect to see rugged landscapes and turquoise-tinged water in every direction. Depending on the direction you go, views could include snow-dusted mountains, a harbor speckled with coves, or a dormant volcano stretching some 3,200 feet (975 m) above alpine trees. In the water, you might spot a whale blowing water from its spout, or otters twirling around in some kelp. Binoculars might help you hone in on any action below, so don’t forget to bring a pair!
You get a chance to see the backcountry at ground level, too. Hold on tight for an exciting descent to an alpine lake. Your pilot guides your plane into the water, where it gently bobs on floatation devices. Step on to solid ground for a brief stop that affords some great photo opportunities.
Want more time on land or back up in the sky? Be sure to select the 1-hour tour! Once you finish your seaplane tour over Sitka, you can take your provided transport back to your hotel.