- A 40-minute or 1-hr seaplane flight over Baranof Island on a shore excursion
- Admire aerial views of snowcapped mountains, wildlife, and lakes
- Listen into a headset to hear more about the sights from your expert pilot
- Relax in the company of your small group
- Round-trip transport to your Sitka port included
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Rugged landscapes and blue water surround you in every direction. The itinerary is largely determined by weather, but scenery could include snow-dusted mountains, shimmering coves, or a dormant volcano stretching some 3,200 feet (975 m) above a patchwork of alpine trees. Bring binoculars to spy on what could be a whale blowing water from its spout, or otters twirling around in some kelp. Your expert pilot also serves as a guide, pointing out nature along the way.
Not all the action is in the sky, though. Hold on tight for an exciting descent to an alpine lake. Your pilot safely lands your plane on the water, where it gently bobs on floatation devices. You can get out of the plane and hop on land for some great photo opportunities.
Want more time on land or back up in the sky? Be sure to upgrade to the 1-hour tour and let your pilot know how you'd like to spend this extra time. Once you finish your seaplane tour over Sitka, you can take your provided transport back to your Sitka port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to your Sitka port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.