- 3-hour sea kayaking shore excursion from Sitka
- Enjoy a sightseeing cruise on the Sitka Sound to a floating base camp
- Kayak for 1.5 hours through pristine waters with your professional guide - no experience required!
- Admire the stunning wilderness and abundant wildlife
- Hot snack including clam chowder and hot cider
- Tour begins and ends dockside at the Sitka cruise port
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Arrive at the kayaking base camp and receive a safety briefing on maneuvering a tandem kayak. No prior experience is required and kayakers of all ages will enjoy this tour. Practice paddling techniques and then follow your guide’s lead into the water.
During the approx. 1.5-hour kayaking journey, admire the lush mountain scenery and see if you can spot bears and black-tailed deer along the shoreline.
Back at base camp, refuel with a delicious snack of clam chowder, crackers and hot apple cider, before enjoying transport back to Sitka port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Sitka port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.