- Moderate-level hiking shore excursion along the Chilkoot Trail from Skagway
- Trek through a temperate rain forest, learning about wildlife and vegetation from a naturalist guide
- Hop aboard a rubber raft and float downstream through the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park
- Keep an eye out for signs of wildlife, including bears, eagles and seals
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Recent Photos of This Tour
- 100_0922Photo by: Mark P
- 100_0984Photo by: Mark P
- Our tour guide on rainforest ...Photo by: Kim K
- Great hike and float tripPhoto by: Kim K
- our hikePhoto by: stuarttabb
- Chilkoot TrailPhoto by: Max N
- A little help downPhoto by: Darlyn B
- Jim and Joey against the ...Photo by: Darlyn B
- Bald EaglePhoto by: Suzanne R
- A young porcupine on the ...Photo by: Suzanne R
- On the TayiaPhoto by: Brian C
- 100_0950Photo by: Mark P
What You Can Expect
Along the way, spot local wildlife and plants, and hear engaging tales about Skagway and the Klondike Gold Rush. The Chilkoot Trail provided the most direct route between the Skagway/Dyea area and the Klondike Gold Fields around Dawson City in the Yukon. During your hike, you’ll be retracing part of the same path that prospectors of long-ago took to get around Skagway's White Pass Trail and arrive at the Yukon River.
Then, climb aboard a rubber raft seating between 8 and 11 passengers and drift along the Taiya River, which flows parallel to the Chilkoot Trail. Your river float takes you through the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park. Keep your eyes peeled and listen for wildlife, including otters, eagles, bears and salmon. Wrap up your rafting journey with a riverbank snack.
Your Chilkoot tour ends with transport back to Skagway��s cruise terminal.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Skagway for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.