- Shore excursion of White Pass Summit and Skagway city tour
- Follow the Klondike Highway by vehicle on a tour of the scenic White Pass Summit area
- See top landmarks including the Gold Rush Cemetery and the 'Welcome to Alaska' sign
- Pass by Brackett Wagon Road, Pitchfork Falls, Moore Creek Bridge and the WP&YR railroad
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Recent Photos of This Tour
- waterfallPhoto by: Christopher G
- Welcome SkagwayPhoto by: Christopher G
- On our way up the summitPhoto by: Karen B
- Welcome to Alaska signPhoto by: GRACE C
United States of America, 09 2014
- Our Skagway tourPhoto by: GRACE C
United States of America, 09 2014
- White Pass SummitPhoto by: kirk.heflin
- Skagway Port from 'The ...Photo by: Mark W
- Gold Rush CemeteryPhoto by: Mark W
- View alongside the Klondike ...Photo by: Allison H
- Skagway Shore Excursion: ...Photo by: Louise H S
- Gold Rush CemeteryPhoto by: rjhoult
- Nature at its bestPhoto by: Mercedes B
- Bridal Veil FallsPhoto by: Sallyanne R
- WaterfallPhoto by: Julie H
What You Can Expect
Next, speed along the Klondike Highway, which parallels the White Pass Railroad and White Pass Trail, and listen to stories of the Klondike Gold Rush. As waterfalls, mountains and glaciers pass within view, imagine hopeful prospectors crossing this unforgiving terrain.
Ascend an elevation of 3,292 feet (1,003 meters) before reaching Tormented Valley, a desolate lunar-like landscape of 300-year-old trees and alpine tundra. Traverse the valley and then stretch your legs at Summit Lake. Take in the beautiful but harsh wilderness in the White Pass Summit Area that inspired writers like Robert Service and Jack London.
En route back to Skagway port, stop at the iconic ‘Welcome to Alaska’ sign and snap a commemorative shot of your journey.
Please note: All passengers must have a valid passport.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Skagway for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Our excursion was great and our tour guide Jessica was awesome! My family of seven fell in love with Skagway and all the beautiful scenery. Did I mention that our guide was awesome? Jessica was extremely knowledgable, entertaining, and funny and made the tour even better. This was by far the best excursion on our Alaska cruise.
I booked this excursion as my mom had been to Skagway before and loved it but had not seen the White Pass Summit. This was my first time to Skagway so had not seen either and was looking forward to it. Thanks to JJ for making it great!
We were impressed with Frontier Excursions and Adventures from the start and JJ made us feel valued and comfortable. She clearly loves Skagway and her job and wants everyone else to enjoy Skagway as much as she does.
We know time did not permit but had it done we would have loved to have seen and learned more of the town in the town.
Could not agree more with the reviews that made me decide to get this tour
Angelina P United States of ...
Excellent tour. Tomas is great!
We had a wonderful time on our tour. Our guide was not only knowledgeable but very friendly and willing to answer all of our questions. When we saw the bear he stopped and waited for as long as we all wanted to get good pictures! He even played with the kids in the snow. We all had a great time and I recommended this tour to my sister who is coming up next week! Thanks for hiring great drivers!!
J.J. was Great!!! She was so knowledgeable and friendly. She was willing to stop anywhere if we asked. She stopped so we could get pictures of a baby bear that was eating by the side of the road. She was so friendly and took pictures for everyone so they could have a picture of themselves by the Alaska sign even though she was freezing because she forgot her coat. We really enjoyed this tour because of her. Thanks J.J.!!!
I really liked this tour. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. He worked hard to give us some personal experiences. Small group so it was like a private tour. I would recommend this to my family and friends.
This tour was fantastic. Our guide, Beverly, was very knowledgeable and friendly. She gave us plenty of opportunities to stop and take photos. I would highly recommend this tour.
Great sights with very knowledgable guide - even got yo see a bear really close up!!!
a must see if you happen to be in Juneau. Tourist guide is very knowledgable and funny at the same time.for the price i paid is very practica l for a whole d or a 7 hour or so tour