- Shore excursion of White Pass Summit and Skagway city tour
- Follow the Klondike Highway by vehicle on a tour of the scenic White Pass Summit area
- See top landmarks including the Gold Rush Cemetery and the 'Welcome to Alaska' sign
- Pass by Brackett Wagon Road, Pitchfork Falls, Moore Creek Bridge and the WP&YR railroad
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Recent Photos of This Tour
- On our way up the summitPhoto by: Karen B
- Welcome to Alaska signPhoto by: GRACE C
United States of America, 09 2014
- Our Skagway tourPhoto by: GRACE C
United States of America, 09 2014
- White Pass SummitPhoto by: kirk.heflin
- Skagway Port from 'The ...Photo by: Mark W
- Gold Rush CemeteryPhoto by: Mark W
- View alongside the Klondike ...Photo by: Allison H
- Skagway Shore Excursion: ...Photo by: Louise H S
- Gold Rush CemeteryPhoto by: rjhoult
- Nature at its bestPhoto by: Mercedes B
- Bridal Veil FallsPhoto by: Sallyanne R
- WaterfallPhoto by: Julie H
What You Can Expect
Next, speed along the Klondike Highway, which parallels the White Pass Railroad and White Pass Trail, and listen to stories of the Klondike Gold Rush. As waterfalls, mountains and glaciers pass within view, imagine hopeful prospectors crossing this unforgiving terrain.
Ascend an elevation of 3,292 feet (1,003 meters) before reaching Tormented Valley, a desolate lunar-like landscape of 300-year-old trees and alpine tundra. Traverse the valley and then stretch your legs at Summit Lake. Take in the beautiful but harsh wilderness in the White Pass Summit Area that inspired writers like Robert Service and Jack London.
En route back to Skagway port, stop at the iconic ‘Welcome to Alaska’ sign and snap a commemorative shot of your journey.
Please note: All passengers must have a valid passport.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Skagway for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
a must see if you happen to be in Juneau. Tourist guide is very knowledgable and funny at the same time.for the price i paid is very practica l for a whole d or a 7 hour or so tour
You could tell how much our guide loved this place. She made it a story as she talked about this beautiful place so glad we did it a small group and lots of laughs. Thank you
We had a lovely driver who was very knowledgeable.It was quite a varied tour covering a cemetery,The White Pass and the fascinating Skagway.
Had a GREAT tour. Guide was awesome and very knowable, Was able to take a lot of pictures. Made a lot of stops. Way better than train. Thanks for a wonderful tour.
We were unable to go and gave our tickets to someone else. They said it was great.
We found it extremely interesting especially with the wonderful driver and guide- John, he was full of great information and also lots of fun.
Our guide, Brooke, was both informative and entertaining. Very enjoyable.
Normally, we always book excursions through the cruise ship, but after reading so many excellent reviews, I decided to book on our own and Im so HAPPY we did. Our tour guide Tyler T-Bone was excellent and we could not have asked for a better guide. He was very informative, had a deep love for the area and also served as our personal photographer. It was definitely one of my dad and Is favorite excursions. Highly recommend this trip and tour guide, Tyler.
My friend and I were very pleased with our bus tour at Skagway. We got to stop at waterfalls to take pictures and stop at the Welcome to Alaska sign. We could see the train as it toured through the mountainside. For the price of 47.50 I believe we saw as much as our other friends who paid much more to ride the train and it didn't let them stop for pictures. Our female tour guide was very interesting but I can't remember her name. I would definitely recommend this tour.
Excellent value, highly recommended.