- Ljubljana walking tour
- Cross several well-known bridges including Dragon Bridge and Triple Bridge
- Explore Ljubljana Old Town and stroll through several squares including Prešernov trg Square
- See several structures from famous architect Jože Plečnik such as Križanke Summer Theatre
- Hear interesting facts and stories about Slovenia’s capital from your local guide
- Take the cable railway up to Ljubljana Castle to enjoy great views from the outside
What You Can Expect
Stroll through a lively fruit, vegetable and flower market and pass the Cathedral of St Nicholas and the Slovenian Tourist Information Centre. Cross Dragon Bridge, an Art Nouveau masterpiece adorned with dragons; your guide will explain why this animal is the symbol of Ljubljana.
Saunter along the Ljubljanica River to the centrally located Prešernov trg Square, where you’ll then cross the Triple Bridge, one of the most recognizable creations by architect Jože Plečnik.
Continue to Ribji trg Square, where the oldest building in Ljubljana is located. On your way to the center of Ljubljana Old Town, cross Mestni trg, Stari trg and Gornji trg squares, whose buildings boast beautiful Baroque facades. Then, cross the Cobblers' Bridge and arrive in Novi trg Square.
Make your way to Jože Plečnik's Križanke Summer Theatre and the famous Baroque-era Church of the Knights of the Cross. Walk along Vegova ulica Street past a line of houses whose walls incorporate the remains of the original Roman walls -- an interesting sight to see!
Lastly, take the funicular up to Ljubljana Castle, where you have the option to enter and take a self-guided tour of this medieval castle, which overlooks Ljubljana Old Town (admission not included). Your tour ends in Krekov trg Square after your return funicular ride.