- Combined Naples city tour and visit to Pompeii
- Naples' Cathedral S. Restituta, Royal Palace and Church of St Francesco di Paula
- Panoramic views over Naples from Posillipo terrace
- This is a great shore excursion from Sorrento visiting Naples city and Pompeii
- Guided tour of Pompeii
- The Forum, Thermal Baths, Vetti's House and Lupanare
- Narration by a professional driver-guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Next, your visit to the haunting ruins of Pompeii will take you back to the fateful day in 79 A.D. when neighboring Mt. Vesuvius erupted, covering the prosperous Roman city in deadly volcanic ash.
On your visit to Pompeii you'll be able to explore the fascinating site, expertly led by your tour guide. You'll see the Forum, the Thermal Baths, Vetti's House and the "Lupanare" brothel, all buried by volcanic ashes during the eruption. Before returning to Sorrento, you'll have approximately 30 minutes to spend at leisure in Pompeii - a great opportunity to shop, enjoy lunch or simply relax!
Reviewed by Barbara B, October 2012
Thanks to our guide Andrea! He provided excellent commentary and managed a large group with ease. The hotel pick-up made it really easy to access the tour from Sorrento.
Reviewed by Margaret B, October 2012
Excellent tour guide--knew his stuff and had a great sense of humor as well. One suggestion: We should've had headsets. Sometimes difficult to hear our guide, and we didn't want to miss a word!