- Day trip to Rome from Sorrento
- Witness Michelangelo’s masterpiece in the Sistine Chapel
- Walk through St Peter’s Basilica and enjoy views from atop the dome
- Admire historical Renaissance artwork at the Vatican Museums
- Explore the ancient Colosseum, one of the world’s most iconic and fascinating sites
- Combine guided tours with free time to sightsee independently
- Enjoy a 3-course Italian dinner on your way back to Sorrento
What You Can Expect
Perhaps visit the Vatican Museums, home to some of the most renowned sculptures and Renaissance art in the world, and step inside the Sistine Chapel, official residence of the Pope, to marvel at the stunning ceiling painted by Michelangelo. Head inside St Peter’s Basilica to visit the underground tombs where past Popes are laid to rest. Or, if you have a head for heights, make your way to the top of the dome for sweeping city views.
- Minestrone soup
- Pasta with tomato sauce
- Buffet with mixed salad, bruschetta, cold meat and cheese
- Vegetarian option (available on request)
- Homemade cake
- Local wine
- Mineral water
Would highly recommend this trip. The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable of the area and showed us sights on the way, the meal at the place we stopped was fantastic with wine and water. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this trip and would definitely go again. It was a long drive but well worth it. Diane C
An absolutely FABULOUS one day trip from Sorrento with an excellent guide in Alberio. All the main sites were covered i.e. St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City, Spanish Steps, the Trevi fountain, Forum, Colosseum and so much more. The meal back was adequate for such a trip, and we even got back to Sorrento 90 minutes EARLY being dropped off right outside the hotel. To Alberio - you are a star! And as for Pepe the driver - you must have nerves of steel to drive on those Italian roads where most of the other drivers are lunatics!!!! Many thanks for a truly memorable experience.
It was a little different then expected. We were dropped off at the Vatican and picked up 4 hours later by the collesium. It was nice to have the time to wander around a map was provided but I was glad I didn't get tickets to Vatican or Collesium ahead of time. Would not have had time for both. Wish there was a little more time in Rome. I was expecting more like 5 to 6 hours there.
Don't be confused, this tour is a ride to Rome with some information about Rome along the way, not a guided tour of the vatican and colosseum. The tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly but There was not enough time to adequately see either the vatican or colosseum.