- Full-day private shore excursion to Pompeii, Positano and Sorrento
- Explore the ancient Roman city of Pompeii and learn about the famous Mt Vesuvius volcanic eruption
- Discover the beautiful Cloister of San Francesco in Sorrento
- Private tour ensures a more personalized experience and flexibility to explore at your own pace
- Port pickup and drop-off included
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Take a drive along the picturesque coastal road to Sorrento and admire spectacular views of the Bay of Naples and the Island of Capri. When you arrive, take a stroll through the old city center and explore ancient churches and monasteries. Stop for a traditional Italian lunch (own expense) before seeing the stunning Cloister of San Francesco to admire its beautiful Arabian-style arches. Enter the Correale di Terranova Museum (extra cost) to explore Greek and Roman archaeological findings.
Leave Sorrento and continue to beautiful Positano, known as the jewel of the Amalfi coast. Explore the central Piazza dei Mulini, connected to a narrow downhill path and a few flights of steps that lead to the seafront. This must-see plaza allows you to appreciate the magnificent surrounding nature as well as local life and culture. Follow narrow streets leading to the Church of St Maria Assunta, a great example of medieval art.
Then, relax on the scenic drive back to the Sorrento port in time to board your ship.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Sorrento port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.