- 3-hour evening walking tour of Split and wine-tasting session
- Stroll along Riva Promenade in Split with a local guide
- Learn about Split on a leisurely paced walk along forest trails to Marjan Hill
- Soak up impressive views from one of Marjan Hill’s finest vantage points
- Visit a traditional wine bar in the neighborhood of Veli Varoš for a wine tasting
- Sample red and white Croatian wines with a platter of Dalmatian cheese and bread
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
As well as tasting some great local wine, the tasting session gives you an insight into wine production in the area. Learn all about the history of Croatian wine from the bar’s sommelier and get tips for bottles to take home!
What You Can Expect
At the end of the promenade, continue to Marjan Hill, a nature reserve that’s popular with locals to escape the fast pace of downtown Split. Follow your guide up a winding forest trail to one of the hill’s stunning vantage points and admire sweeping panoramas of the city surrounded by the Adriatic Sea.
Head downhill and pass through the neighborhood of Veli Varoš, a picturesque area that was once home to ancient Split’s peasants and fishermen. Oozing small-town charm, Veli Varoš boasts traditional Croatian restaurants and bars aplenty, so head inside one of the locals’ favorites with your guide. Take a seat in the atmospheric wine bar for a Croatian wine tasting session, and enjoy a platter of artisan cheeses from the Dalmatia area, too.
Sample an assortment of typically full-bodied Croatian wines, enjoying glasses of both red and white varietals. Snack on pungent cheese and fresh bread as you sip on the wine, and learn about each wine from the bar’s sommelier.
After your wine tasting finishes, leave the bar and work off your night’s food and wine with a final stroll back to the start point.