- 3-hour ATV tour followed by 1-3 hour beach visit, from St Kitts
- Rev your engines as you zoom over rolling hills and along dirt tracks through sugar cane fields
- Get amazing views of volcanic mountains and lush Caribbean countryside
- Stop at Wingfield Estate where you see manicured gardens and an old sugar plantation
- See how colorful batik fabric is produced at Caribelle Batik
- Includes round-trip transport to the ATV tour and beach from selected St Kitts hotels
- Take advantage of expert instruction from an experienced guide along with all ATV equipment
What You Can Expect
Zoom around the sugar cane fields and rolling hills of St Kitts to discover parts of the volcanic island that are hard to reach in larger vehicles. Pass by historic sites such as an old sugar plantation or a rum-making building as you hear some of the history of the island from your knowledgeable guide.
Visit the Wingfield Estate, originally owned by an ancestor of US president Thomas Jefferson in 1625. Learn the history of the estate and admire its lush tropical gardens where your guide identifies plant life that includes a centuries-old rain tree. Stop at Caribelle Batik, within the estate’s grounds, to browse a shop that produces handcrafted batik fabric in vibrant colors and designs.
Looking to cool down after riding around in the sun? Return to the ATV shop, where you are transferred to either Frigate Bay Beach or Cockleshell Beach. With a maximum of three hours to spend at the beach, you can swim, sunbathe, buy some snacks and wash off the dust from your exciting morning. At a prearranged time, your coach picks you up to return you to your hotel to end your tour.
This was worth every penny! A truly great excursion.
Overall a very enjoyable day!
Smooth pickup at the hotel. It was a day when there was not not a cruise ship in port, so both the ATV tour and beach were not packed.
Ivan did a lovely job with the tour, while dealing with a novice rider. : ATV portion ended up being about 2 hours. Be ready for some dust! I would suggest log pants, and don't forget the sunglasses. You'll definitely be ready for the beach stop.
Next stop was Jam Rock Beach, cooled off, relaxed under under the umbrella's and had an casual lunch. Elvis was very flexible on the return time, which was appreciated.