- 10-hour sightseeing tour of Novgorod from St Petersburg
- Drive along an ancient trading route connecting Europe and Asia
- See the historical monuments of this Russian Orthodox city
- Visit medieval Russian monasteries including St Sophia’s and St George’s Cathedrals as well as Church of the Savior
- Admire beautifully painted frescoes and towering spires
- Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant (included)
- Small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
We were v. impressed. Our guide, Elena, had extensive knowledge of Russian culture, history and religion, which she told us about during the journey + tour. Novgorod was a truly fascinating place - particularly the wooden architecture museum that gave glimpses into the origins. Definitely recommend.
A closer understanding to what life used to be with wonderful church.
A good way to see a slice of the 'real Russia' - lots of history in this city and my guide did a good job reviewing the highlights of Russian history.
It is a good option if you have extra time - but if you are short on time, there is more than enough to see in St. Petersburg itself...
Fabulous trip - unfortunately due to the fact it is some distance from St Petersburg, there is a lot of driving there and back. We were fortunate to have a guide and driver to ourselves and we thought the trip very worthwhile, the place has a fascinating history and we spent a lot of time walking around the Kremlin and had the best lunch on our trip to Russia - our guide found it. Would recommend the trip.
The guide was good...knowledgeable and personable in general. However, she complained about the long drive to Novgorod which was somewhat dampening since we were excited to see countryside and the dachas.The driver on the other hand was terrible...they hired a cab and the driver drove too fast, got a speeding ticket and caused a fender-bender. If you have to use this tour company (it was the only option for Novgorod), be firm about a decent driver. Otherwise, use a different operator.