- 6-hour private tour of Peterhof palace complex in St Petersburg
- Explore the Lower Park and see incredible fountains such as the Grand Cascade
- Visit the Grand Palace and see Monplaisir villa, a favorite abode of Tsar Peter the Great
- Learn about the emperors and empresses who lived in the palace throughout the ages
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary with personalized attention from a guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
We only offer this tour in summer, so that you can appreciate Peterhof's spectacular gardens at their best! The flowers bloom in May, and the Lower Park becomes a sea of color with tulips, roses and more surrounding all the fountains and ponds.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Hop out of your minivan and head inside the vast palace complex to explore its gardens and palatial buildings. Peterhof is often referred to as the Russian Versailles – a nickname that testifies to the site’s opulent grandeur – and your guide will introduce you to its best bits while talking about its history.
Wander through the Lower Park to discover some 140 fountains and water features, and stop for photos by the incredible Grand Cascade – a masterpiece that was partly engineered by Tsar Peter the Great himself. Then, head inside the Grand Palace and marvel at the lavish interiors left by the successive emperors and empresses who once called the place home. See Monplaisir villa and learn how the more-modest villa was the original – and favorite – Peterhof building of Peter the Great.
Roughly halfway through your tour, enjoy a break for lunch at one of Peterhof’s cafes (own expense). At the end of your walking tour, return to your minivan and finish your day with a drop-off at your hotel.