- 2-hour private Russian cooking class in St Petersburg
- Learn about Russia’s culinary history while cooking
- Hear cooking tips and enjoy personalized attention from a professional local chef
- Help prepare and cook classic Russian dishes such as borsch and beef stroganoff
- Eat your creations along with a glass of traditional mors
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Not only is this a fun cooking class, it’s also a great introduction to Russia’s history and culture. As an avid cook, I think it’s always great to learn from a local, and, of course, try the food you’re creating!
What You Can Expect
Under the expert eye of your host – a professional chef – help to cook and prepare classic dishes as you learn all about the culinary secrets of Russia. Like the country itself, Russia’s cuisine is steeped in history; the heavy meals of Soviet years are being reinvented, and fresher flavors are revitalizing some of the country’s signature dishes.
While the meals vary depending on availability of ingredients, dishes that you may cook include dumplings, borsch (beetroot soup), bliny (crêpe-style pancakes), Russian salad and beef stroganoff. Help chop beetroots, mix flour for pancakes and braise meat as you chat with your host about Russian food.
At the end of your session, sit down to eat and drink Russian mors – a traditional drink made from cranberry juice and fruit compote. Receive recipes of your favorite creations to take home with you, and then finish your cooking class with a hotel drop-off.