- 4-hour tour of St Petersburg with a private guide
- See top St Petersburg attractions like Winter Palace, home of the Hermitage Museum
- Hear about the city’s history while passing big-name sights such as Peter and Paul Fortress
- Stop for photos by the colorful Church on Spilled Blood
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary with personalized attention from a guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
I think this tour is perfect if you’re looking to escape the crowds and avoid the metro system in St Petersburg! Traveling by private car allows you to visit the places that you want to go to while seeing other sights along the way.
What You Can Expect
Take a look at Winter Palace, home of the world-famous Hermitage Museum, and hear about Empress Catherine II who started the incredible collection of art as means of impressing her guests. Stop for photos in front of the impressive Baroque building, and then stretch your legs on a stroll along Nevsky Prospekt – St Petersburg’s answer to Paris’ Champs Elysées.
Pass the imposing Peter and Paul Fortress, built by the Russian Tsar Peter the Great, and hear of its use as a prison, rather than being the defense structure that it was intended to be. Stop outside the city’s multi-domed Church on Spilled Blood, and compare its colorful, attention-grabbing architecture with the elegant gold domes of nearby St Isaac’s Cathedral.
As well as giving intriguing snippets of history about the city, your guide can give you tips for places to visit independently after your tour. Finish with a drop-off at your hotel and then bid your guide goodbye.