- 1-hour of the Russian Vodka Museum in St Petersburg
- Learn about the history of Russia’s national drink from an expert guide
- Get an insight into Russian history, culture and drinking traditions
- See fascinating vodka memorabilia while learning about iconic brands like Stolichnaya
- Sample three different vodka shots alongside traditional Russian snacks
What You Can Expect
A favorite tipple of 12th-century peasants and 20th-century presidents alike, vodka (or firewater, as some call it) has been firmly ingrained in Russian culture through the ages. Hear amusing anecdotes about Russian drinking traditions, and then learn about the prohibition years and its effect on the economy.
Peruse the museum’s large collection of vodka memorabilia, seeing time-tested recipes, glassware and bottles of varying shapes and sizes. Hear little-known tales about iconic brands like Smirnoff and Stolichnaya, and then visit the tasting room for the highlight of your tour – the samples!
Sip on three vodka shots, noting the different purities and distillation techniques that influence their flavors. Soak up the alcohol with a plate of tasty Russian treats, and then say your goodbyes to your guide. You can stay inside the museum if you wish, perhaps browsing the artifacts independently or visiting the bar-restaurant (additional drinks are at your own expense).