- 3-hour cultural walking tour of St Petersburg
- Discover the grandeur of the imperial city with an expert guide
- View famous landmarks from the Spit of St Basil Island
- Visit Peter and Paul Fortress, St Petersburg’s oldest construction
- Admire the beauty of the Church on Spilled Blood
- Stroll along Nevsky Prospect to St Isaac’s Cathedral
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures personal attention from your guide
What You Can Expect
This ended up being a minibus tour due to inclement weather! There was just three of us on the tour which made it very personal. Our guide was Valeria who was young, enthusiastic and very knowledgable about the city, the sites and the history of St. P. it was a great introduction to the city and covered all the main sites that I wanted to see. Most of these we only saw the outside (I went back the next day to do the insides) but we did do the inside of the Fortress and the St. Peter and Paul Cathedral. Tickets were pre-arranged so we didn't have to queue. The organisation was great, Valeria met me at the arranged time and place with a sign with my name on! The tour also included an official washroom stop! Where most of the tourist places charged for using the facilities and there was always a queue, Valeria had an arrangement with a souvenir shop who had free washrooms, and coffee an a good selection of reasonably priced souvenirs (I bought guide books which were about the same price as in the Hermitage).
This was our first full day in St Petersburg and we booked this tour in order to familiarise ourselves with the major landmarks, in this respect the tour more than met our expections. We were given the history of the city together with old photographs illustrating the siege of Leningrad which added depth to the information given to us by our guide Alexander. We visited a local cafe and took a trip on the metro. As there were only the four of us on the tour we were able to ask many more questions than is usual on this type of guided tour. We were very impressed by our guide and the depth of his knowledge.