- 8-hour sailing adventure around the Stockholm Archipelago
- Experience sailing a modern yacht, overseen by a professional sailing crew
- Sailing gear and inflatable life-jackets are provided
- Learn fascinating facts and stories about the Stockholm Archipelago and its natural wildlife
- Learn about the art of sailing, including navigation, charts and compasses
What You Can Expect
Once you're on board, the modern yacht will set sail to explore the islands, skerries and bays that make up the fascinating Stockholm archipelago. Many of the 24,000 islands within the area are uninhabited and accessible for landing under the Swedish "Right of Public Access". This special law enables total freedom to explore, so there will be a scheduled stop on a picturesque island for lunch and optional swimming.
While you assist the yacht's captain and crew with the handling of the yacht, you will also learn about sailing, navigation, charts and compasses. The Captain will also share expert local knowledge about island life. You'll learn about the history of Europe's largest archipelago, and the natural wildlife that makes the area so spectacular.
You have the option to finish the day with dinner in Vaxholm or take a cruise back to the city on a classic 100 year-old steamer (own expense).
Ralph and his wife were absolutely fantastic. Could not more-highly recommend this trip.
We went in late June so it was warm. This is highly recommended. It was a very lazy day, just sailing around the islands. Our skipper was very pleasant, a good sailor and lunch was excellent.
If you like the outdoors then do this. Swimming optional as too cold for us.