- 2-day tour of the Hunter Valley region from Sydney
- See native wildlife like kangaroos, wallabies and fantastic bird life at the Australian Reptile Park
- Travel through the Australian bush while you learn about the Old Great Northern Road
- Visit boutique wineries and sample locally produced wines
- Overnight accommodation in Hunter Valley included
- Small-group tour with maximum 17 people ensures more personalized attention from your knowledgeable guide
What You Can Expect
Day 1: Sydney – Australian Reptile Park – Hunter Valley (L)
After pickup from your Sydney hotel, you’ll be taken to the first stop of your two-day tour, the Australian Reptile Park, where you’ll see not only reptiles, but also other wildlife like kangaroos, wallabies and a variety of birds. Enjoy morning tea at the park before continuing your tour to the Hunter Valley via the freeway.
First stop is to Mt View Estate for an exclusive wine and Cheese Pairing with stunning views. Next, enjoy a gourmet lunch at the Hunter Resort and visit Hermitage Cellars winery for tastings of wines from a dozen boutique wineries. Later in the afternoon, you'll be dropped at your choice of accommodation in the Hunter Valley wine town of Pokolbin, and have the remainder of the afternoon and evening to enjoy at your leisure.
Accommodation: Peppers Guest House or Hunter Resort in Pokolbin
Day 2: Hunter Valley – Sydney (B, L)
After breakfast at your hotel, you’ll have time at your leisure to explore the Hunter Valley region. Visit vineyards for more wine tastings, join in the activities at the Hunter Valley Wine School, take a hot-air balloon ride over the Hunter Valley wineries, or be driven in a horse and carriage around the vineyards (all at own expense). In the afternoon, you’ll be collected for the return trip to Sydney. Before leaving the Hunter Valley.
Amazing experience! Very nice guide and beautiful views. Wines tastes good.
The trip starts early (7am), Due to traffic reason. it ends abt 2pm, and 24h on our own. The view is very good, so as the wine.hotel Peppers is cozy and comfortable.Ps, very nice tour guide Paul