- Exclusive tour of the Sydney Opera House for VIVID 2015
- Choose from a shorter tour of the theaters or a longer tour with backstage access and an included meal
- Learn behind-the-curtain secrets from your knowledgeable guide at the Sydney Opera House
- See how the UNESCO World Heritage-listed building transforms during VIVID Sydney
- Gain exclusive access to restricted areas inside the world-famous Sydney Opera House
- Enjoy a hearty meal while overlooking Sydney Harbour (if option selected)
- Watch an audio-visual presentation on the history of VIVID (if option selected)
What You Can Expect
One-Hour VIVID Evening Tour:
Your guide takes you on a 1-hour tour of the opera house starting with a viewing of the VIVID LIVE show reel. After learning the history of the popular annual event, follow your guide on a special tour of the theaters, foyers and live music venues that are part of the VIVID LIVE music program. Take in the elegant decor and vaulted ceilings of the theater, one of the world’s largest pillar-free chambers. See areas that are off-limits to the general public including the opera house recording studio, and take photos from insider vantage points. In the evening, you may be able to witness the lighting of the sails, a perfect finale to a memorable experience of the Sydney Opera House during VIVID.
Backstage VIVID Tour with Breakfast or Dinner:
Meet your small-group, limited to 12 people, then follow your knowledgeable guide through the theaters. As you stroll around, hear the inside scoop on the inner workings of the Sydney Opera House. Then step on the same stage where countless world-famous performers have entertained audiences. After getting a look at the stage area, go backstage for a peek at the rehearsal space and dressing rooms that are normally reserved for performers and staff. Explore the brand-new recording studio and scenery dock. You might even catch an artist rehearsing or warming up as you walk around, or watch the crew set up for a VIVID LIVE musical performance.
After learning about the world behind the curtain on your backstage tour, tuck into a hearty continental breakfast served in the greenroom, or enjoy dinner and amazing views over Sydney Harbour on the Broadwalk. As you dine and chat with your small group, you can ask your guide further questions about the opera house. A selection of hot and cold dishes are served with options for various dietary needs. Your tour ends after approximately two hours.