- Blue Mountains day trip from Sydney
- Take a scenic drive along the winding Cliff Drive into the Blue Mountains National Park
- Enjoy panoramic views over the Megalong Valley at Echo Point
- Visit the quaint mountain villages of Leura and Katoomba
- See Australia's native animals at Featherdale Wildlife Park
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
It's so great to get up close and personal with kangaroos, koalas and other native animals at the wildlife park. And the comprehensive Blue Mountains tour offers three thrilling ways to get the best views.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Beyond Vintage Wine Tapas ...Photo by: Tom L
- Breathtaking!!Photo by: 1viaje
- You are herePhoto by: Cruiser Craig
- Leura villagePhoto by: Cruiser Craig
- On the Jamison Valley ...Photo by: Cruiser Craig
- Gliding over Jamieson ValleyPhoto by: Cruiser Craig
- Blue mountainsPhoto by: Cruiser Craig
- Cuddly koalaPhoto by: Cruiser Craig
- Lunch in LeuraPhoto by: Cruiser Craig
- Katoomba Falls, Blue MountainsPhoto by: Cruiser Craig
- Scenic world skyway cable ...Photo by: Cruiser Craig
- around sydneyPhoto by: lydie v
- kangourouPhoto by: lydie v
- blues mountainsPhoto by: lydie v
- Featherdale parkPhoto by: carlosabreurj
- Three sistersPhoto by: Jennifer B
- River Cruise SunsetPhoto by: Janelle E
- Feeding the gentle WallabiesPhoto by: Janelle E
- Three Sisters and friendsPhoto by: Janelle E
- sleepy KoalaPhoto by: Salinawati S
What You Can Expect
Follow the winding Cliff Drive on your journey into the Blue Mountains National Park, where your first stop is Scenic World, where you can ride the world’s steepest railways or take the gondola for aerial views of the valley below (if option selected).
Visit Echo Point, overlooking the rocky outcrops and eucalypt forests of the Megalong Valley, from Echo Point you can see right across the valley to the Three Sisters rock formation at Katoomba. While taking in the views, enjoy a commentary on the Aboriginal legends behind these famous rocky pinnacles.
Travel to the quaint mountain township of Leura, home to cafes, restaurants and the Candy Store with sweets from Australia and around the world. Enjoy lunch in Leura (own expense or included if you choose the lunch option) and browse the town's antique stores and boutiques.
In the afternoon, hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies and enjoy a close-up encounter with koalas at Featherdale Wildlife Park, one of Australia's largest private collections of native animals and birds. Don’t forget your camera to photograph the varied wildlife in a natural bush setting.
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list.
- Scenic Skyway - Australia's only horizontal passenger-carrying cable car. It is a 7-minute ride 656 feet (200 meters) above the Jamison Valley where you can appreciate superb views of the Three Sisters, Katoomba Falls, Mt Solitary and Orphan Rock. The Skyway operates every 10 minutes.
- Scenic Railway - This is the world's steepest incline railway. Travel through the tunnel and ancient rainforest as the railway descends 1361 feet (415 meters) down the escarpment at a gradient of 52 degrees. The railway takes you to the rainforest boardwalk connecting to the Sceniscender platform and operates every 10 minutes.
- Scenic Cableway - The steepest aerial cable car in Australia will take you on a 1788 feet (545 meters) ride into the World Heritage Listed rainforest of the Jamison valley. The Scenic Cableway is completely wheelchair accessible.
Light cafe-style lunch - menu subject to change
- Spaghetti bolognese pasta
- Chicken and salad wrap sandwich
- Samosas served with Greek yogurt and salad
- Vegetable and goats cheese frittata served with salad
Winter menu (subject to change):
- Chicken, chorizo & bacon pasta served with salad (gluten free)
- Beef burger served with chips
- 2 Vegetable Samosas served with Greek yogurt and salad (vegetarian & halal)
- Asian Chicken & Vegetables served with rice (halal)
- Pumpkin Soup served with sourdough bread (vegetarian)
Summer menu (subject to change)
- Chicken Caesar Salad (halal)
- Beef & Cheese Burger served with chips & salad (halal)
- 2 Vegetable Samosas served with Greek yoghurt and salad (vegetarian & halal)
- Toasted Reuben Roll served with salad (Corned beef, chutney, cheddar cheese, baby spinach)
- Vegetable & Feta Cheese Frittata served with salad (vegetarian & gluten free)
- Salmon & Leek Tart served with salad (gluten free)
6.50am Crescent on Bayswater
8.00am Four Seasons (Harrington Street entrance)
8.05am Four Points Sheraton
7.50am Hilton Hotel (Pitt St entrance)
7.25am Holiday Inn Darling Harbour
7.55am Menzies Hotel
7.35am Novotel Darling Harbour
7.40am Parkroyal Darling Harbour
7.45am Rydges World Square (Pitt St entrance)
7.05am Sofitel Wentworth
7.15am Vibe Hotel Sydney
7.20am YHA Sydney Central
Driver was very helpful, pickup was as promised. Bus was comfortable. Included lunch was tasty with enough choices to satisfy differing palates. Blue Mountains were lovely. I would have preferred to spend more time there and less time at the wildlife part. The Blue Mountain portion felt rushed.
featherdale wildlife park is the best. best contact with animals and photos that I got all month.
We loved this tour of the Blue Mountains. Our favorite was the scenic walk through the forest -- quite beautiful. A close second was the wildlife park where we were up close and personal with the kangaroos.
Loved this tour. Great tour after you have seen the highlights in the city.
Very nice trip, friendly and enjoyable guide who knows his history and facts.. in Leura we didn't had the included lunch, but found a terrific wine and tapas bar, with homemade mini burgers of wild boar, blue cheese and rocket salad..
Wonderful to get out of Sydney and see the beautiful Blue Mountains with the Three Sisters. Our driver, Henry, was excellent and full of great stories and history. He even expanded the tour to give a tour of the Olympic Village on the way home. The food at lunch was very good too! Definitely take the cruise option at the end if available.
The driver is very experience and good tour guide. Have recommend Viator to few colleagues of mind that interested to visit Australia.
breathtaking views, the driver Henry very informative and Bilingual! English/Spanish, the day beguin with a prompt departure and We drove through the City and Up We went to the Blue Mountains BREATHTAKING Nature views, and experience the rides along the way, thewalkways trough the Mountains are uniques and well taking care, after We had lunch at Leura a small town, and We went to the Wildlife adventure it was magnificent experience petting the Kangaroos, and taking pictures with the Koalas, seing another Australian Native Animals. We choose for experienced the Ferry back to town that disembarc at Circular Quay, unique experience. Recomended
Great day, great guide, great tour, great lunch!
TOUR Operator - AAT Kings were excelleant - our bus driver Henry was awesome and very friendly. Would recommend this tour for sure