- Blue Mountains day trip from Sydney
- Take a scenic drive along the winding Cliff Drive into the Blue Mountains National Park
- Enjoy panoramic views over the Megalong Valley at Echo Point
- Visit the quaint mountain villages of Leura and Katoomba
- Hear Aboriginal legends and watch cultural performances at Waradah Aboriginal Centre
- See Australia's native animals at Featherdale Wildlife Park
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
It's so great to get up close and personal with kangaroos, koalas and other native animals at the wildlife park. And the comprehensive Blue Mountains tour offers three thrilling ways to get the best views.
Recent Photos of This Tour
Scenic RailwayPhoto by: RHODORA B
Echo PointPhoto by: RHODORA B
Windy Day at Blue MountainPhoto by: RHODORA B
Train ridePhoto by: txfinks
View from Echo PointPhoto by: deepak
Mother and babyPhoto by: Margaret G
Owl at Featherdale Wildlife ...Photo by: Laura B
Koala at Featherdale Wildlife ...Photo by: Laura B
Rainforest area on the Blue ...Photo by: Laura B
Featherdale Wildlife ParkPhoto by: EC
Featherdale Park - encounter ...Photo by: Ina L
Blue Mountains Three SistersPhoto by: Ina L
blue mountain.Photo by: Wee L
Barbara and a KoalaPhoto by: Richard H
Sleeping KoalaPhoto by: James Fong
Canada, 08 2013
Echo PointPhoto by: James Fong
Canada, 08 2013
Blue Mountains Nature and ...Photo by: Asha & Brock
The Three SistersPhoto by: natalie
3 sistersPhoto by: Frank H
USA, 01 2013
Cableway Ride view 3Photo by: Hdawg
USA, 01 2012
What You Can Expect
Follow the winding Cliff Drive on your journey into the Blue Mountains National Park, where your first stop is Echo Point. Overlooking the rocky outcrops and eucalypt forests of the Megalong Valley, from Echo Point you can see right across the valley to the Three Sisters rock formation at Katoomba. While taking in the views, enjoy a commentary on the Aboriginal legends behind these famous rocky pinnacles.
Visit Scenic World, where you can ride the world’s steepest railways or take the gondola for aerial views of the valley below (if option selected).
More Aboriginal legends await at the Waradah Aboriginal Centre, an acclaimed contemporary gallery. See traditional artworks, watch dance performances, enjoy an interactive didgeridoo experience, and learn about contemporary Aboriginal culture firsthand from the local Darug and Gundungurra people.
Leaving the cultural center, travel to the quaint mountain township of Leura, home to cafes, restaurants and the Candy Store with sweets from Australia and around the world. Enjoy lunch in Leura (own expense or included if you choose the lunch option) and browse the town's antique stores and boutiques.
In the afternoon, hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies and enjoy a close-up encounter with koalas at Featherdale Wildlife Park, one of Australia's largest private collections of native animals and birds. Don’t forget your camera to photograph the varied wildlife in a natural bush setting.
As you head back to Sydney, travel via Olympic Park to see the impressive stadiums built for the Sydney 2000 Olympics, and be returned to selected Sydney hotels in the late afternoon.
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list.
- Scenic Skyway - Australia's only horizontal passenger-carrying cable car. It is a 7-minute ride 656 feet (200 meters) above the Jamison Valley where you can appreciate superb views of the Three Sisters, Katoomba Falls, Mt Solitary and Orphan Rock. The Skyway operates every 10 minutes.
- Scenic Railway - This is the world's steepest incline railway. Travel through the tunnel and ancient rainforest as the railway descends 1361 feet (415 meters) down the escarpment at a gradient of 52 degrees. The railway takes you to the rainforest boardwalk connecting to the Sceniscender platform and operates every 10 minutes.
- Scenic Cableway - The steepest aerial cable car in Australia will take you on a 1788 feet (545 meters) ride into the World Heritage Listed rainforest of the Jamison valley. The Scenic Cableway is completely wheelchair accessible.
Light cafe-style lunch - menu subject to change
- Spaghetti bolognese pasta
- Chicken and salad wrap sandwich
- Samosas served with Greek yogurt and salad
- Vegetable and goats cheese frittata served with salad
7.45am Aspire Hotel
7.15am Cambridge Inn
7.15am Crescent on Bayswater
6.35am Crowne Plaza Coogee (No Drop-off)
7.10am De'Vere Hotel
7.40am Four Points Sheraton
7.25am Four Seasons
7.10am Grace Hotel
7.35am Hilton Hotel (Pitt St entrance)
6.40am Holiday Inn Airport Hotel (At bus stop)
7.45am Holiday Inn Darling Harbour
7.00am Ibis King Street Wharf
7.15am Intercontinental ( Macquarie St entrance)
7.00am Langham Hotel
7.05am Menzies Hotel
7.35am Mecure Sydney (Hotel driveway entrance)
7.20am Metro Sydney Central (Pitt st)
7.50am Novotel Darling Harbour
7.40am Novotel Sydney Central
7.35am Old Sydney Holiday Inn
7.45am Parkroyal Darling Harbour
7.40am Park Hyatt
7.30am Park Regis
7.25am Pullman Hyde Park
7.20am Radisson Blu
7.40am Rendezvous Studio Hotel (Quay St entrance)
7.25am Rydges World Square (Pitt st entrance)
7.20am Rydges Surry Hills
7.30am Shangri-la Hotel
7.35am Sheraton on the Park (Castlereagh st)
7.10am Sofitel Wentworth
7.50am Star City Coach Terminal
6.50am Pacific Bondi
7.40am Swissotel (meet at porters deck)
7.25am Sydney Harbour YHA
7.20am The Sydney Boulevard Hotel
7.15am Vibe Hotel Sydney
7.10am Westin Sydney (Pitt st entrance)
7.25am YHA Sydney Central