- Blue Mountains day trip from Sydney
- Take a scenic drive along the winding Cliff Drive into the Blue Mountains National Park
- Enjoy panoramic views over the Megalong Valley at Echo Point
- Visit the quaint mountain villages of Leura and Katoomba
- See Australia's native animals at Featherdale Wildlife Park
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
It's so great to get up close and personal with kangaroos, koalas and other native animals at the wildlife park. And the comprehensive Blue Mountains tour offers three thrilling ways to get the best views.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Feeding a pademelonPhoto by: Maureen M
- Three Sisters at Blue MountainPhoto by: Eugene T
- Beyond Vintage Wine Tapas ...Photo by: Tom L
- Breathtaking!!Photo by: 1viaje
- You are herePhoto by: Cruiser Craig
- Leura villagePhoto by: Cruiser Craig
- On the Jamison Valley ...Photo by: Cruiser Craig
- Gliding over Jamieson ValleyPhoto by: Cruiser Craig
- Blue mountainsPhoto by: Cruiser Craig
- Cuddly koalaPhoto by: Cruiser Craig
- Lunch in LeuraPhoto by: Cruiser Craig
- Katoomba Falls, Blue MountainsPhoto by: Cruiser Craig
- Scenic world skyway cable ...Photo by: Cruiser Craig
- around sydneyPhoto by: lydie v
- kangourouPhoto by: lydie v
- blues mountainsPhoto by: lydie v
- Featherdale parkPhoto by: carlosabreurj
- Three sistersPhoto by: Jennifer B
- River Cruise SunsetPhoto by: Janelle E
- Feeding the gentle WallabiesPhoto by: Janelle E
What You Can Expect
- Scenic Skyway - Australia's only horizontal passenger-carrying cable car. It is a 7-minute ride 656 feet (200 meters) above the Jamison Valley, where you can appreciate superb views of the Three Sisters, Katoomba Falls, Mt Solitary and Orphan Rock. The Skyway operates every 10 minutes.
- Scenic Railway - This is the world's steepest incline railway. Travel through a claffside tunnel and ancient rain forest as the railway descends 1,361 feet (415 meters) down the escarpment at a gradient of 52 degrees. The railway takes you to the rain forest boardwalk connecting to the Sceniscender platform and operates every 10 minutes.
- Scenic Cableway - The steepest aerial cable car in Australia will take you on a 1788-feet (545-meter) ride into the World Heritage-listed rain forest of the Jamison Valley. The Scenic Cableway is completely wheelchair accessible.
Sample Lunch Menu (subject to change):
- Spaghetti bolognese pasta
- Chicken and salad wrap sandwich
- Samosas served with Greek yogurt and salad
- Vegetable and goats cheese frittata served with salad
Winter menu (subject to change):
- Chicken, chorizo & bacon pasta served with salad (gluten free)
- Beef burger served with chips
- 2 Vegetable Samosas served with Greek yogurt and salad (vegetarian & halal)
- Asian Chicken & Vegetables served with rice (halal)
- Pumpkin Soup served with sourdough bread (vegetarian)
Summer menu (subject to change)
- Chicken Caesar Salad (halal)
- Beef & Cheese Burger served with chips & salad (halal)
- 2 Vegetable Samosas served with Greek yoghurt and salad (vegetarian & halal)
- Toasted Reuben Roll served with salad (Corned beef, chutney, cheddar cheese, baby spinach)
- Vegetable & Feta Cheese Frittata served with salad (vegetarian & gluten free)
- Salmon & Leek Tart served with salad (gluten free)
6:50am Crescent on Bayswater
8:00am Four Seasons (Harrington Street entrance)
8:00am Four Points Sheraton
7:50am Hilton Hotel (Pitt St entrance)
7:25am Holiday Inn Darling Harbour
7:35am Novotel Darling Harbour
7:40am Parkroyal Darling Harbour
7:45am Rydges World Square (Pitt St entrance)
7:05am Sofitel Wentworth
7:15am Vibe Hotel Sydney
7:20am YHA Sydney Central
bknute72 United States of ...
We really enjoyed the hour long walk through the rain forest. Felt like we went back in time. The train and cable car rides gave us some spectacular views of the mountains. Lunch was good, and the small town provided opportunities to do a little shopping. The wildlife preserve was especially enjoyable since we had many opportunities to get up close and personal with all of Australia's wildlife. The koalas were active and provided a ton of pictures.
Great tour. It was very organized. The tour guide, David, was professional and informative. Featherdale Wildlife park is not to be missed!
blue mountain walks and train ride were fantastic
Fabulous day out. We had bad weather so couldn't see much of the Blue Mountains at all but the nice lunch and Feather dale Wildlife Park in the afternoon made up for that. I had my picture taken with a koala, kangaroo and wallabies.
A MUST DO!!!
The scenery was impeccable at Blue Mountains!!! Enjoyed the rides there too!
We had a lot of interaction with the kangarooshand fed them and wallabies,
touched and posed with the koalas and saw more Aussie animals than our
trip and private tour at Sydney Taronga Zoo. Had I known that, I would have
deleted visiting Sydney Taronga Zoo. Featherdale Wildlife Park might be
a smaller zoo but we came for the kangaroos, wallabies, koalas and other
awesome Australian animals!!!
Only downside of this tour though was the lunch. Don't include that in your
package as it was not good. The burger tasted like meatloaf!!!
Just get your own lunch in the area.
Wonderful day tour!
The day started ominously with rain and fog. Our guide, Paul, made the trip to the Blue Mountains interesting with light-hearted, yet informative, banter the entire way. We had access to the Scenic Wonder rides which provided three separate experiences to various areas of the park. Although visibility was nil, we enjoyed walking through the rain forest and listening to the various birds, especially the lyrebird, a masterful mimic. We found the gift shop here to be one of the most reasonably priced in all of Australia. We stopped at the cultural center at the Three Sisters viewing area, where we were told that on a clear day we could even see the Eiffel Tower. Ha! We had a satisfying lunch in Leura and then it was off to Featherdale. We had a great experience with koala, kangaroos, wallabys, cassowary, buggles, wombats, penguins, crocs, and a myriad of birds. A very well-run sanctuary and the high point for my wife. Paul gave us an informative ride through the Olympic Park area and humorously outlined the competitive relationship of Australia and New Zealand. Again, kudos to our guide, Paul, who went above and beyond to accommodate the needs and limitations of 30 passengers.
Henry, our guide, was wonderful, knowledgeable, very helpful, directing us to alt. ferry when the rivercruise sold out. Featherdale wildlife reserve - our highlight, seeing the animals upclose and so many. We opted for pre-purchase lunch.Tasty and allowed us more time to windowshop in Leura.
glenfannie United States of ...
Trip up was great. Guide was on time. Rail ride was great.