- Blue Mountains day trip from Sydney
- Take a scenic drive along the winding Cliff Drive into the Blue Mountains National Park
- Enjoy panoramic views over the Megalong Valley at Echo Point
- Visit the quaint mountain villages of Leura and Katoomba
- Hear Aboriginal legends and watch cultural performances at Waradah Aboriginal Centre
- See Australia's native animals at Featherdale Wildlife Park
Recent Photos of this Tour
View of Blue Mountains from ...Photo by: HdawgUSA, 01 2012
AUSTRALIA Featherdale ...Photo by: Jennifer A H10 2010
ColoursPhoto by: Richard HUnited Kingdom, 11 2009
Koala BearPhoto by: RLOPhilippines, 07 2009
Wallaby at Featherdale ...Photo by: Adrian ECanada, 04 2009
Kangaroos at Featherdale ...Photo by: Adrian ECanada, 04 2009
The Three SistersPhoto by: natalie04 2013
3 sistersPhoto by: Frank HUSA, 01 2013
Cableway Ride view 3Photo by: HdawgUSA, 01 2012
Scenic World factsPhoto by: HdawgUSA, 01 2012
Skyway Ride view 6Photo by: HdawgUSA, 01 2012
Railway Ride @ Scenic World 2Photo by: HdawgUSA, 01 2012
View of Three Sisters from ...Photo by: HdawgUSA, 01 2012
Crikey!Photo by: Jennifer AUSA, 12 2011
Tasmanian DevilPhoto by: Jennifer AUSA, 12 2011
Feeding the KangaroosPhoto by: Jennifer AUSA, 12 2011
KoalaPhoto by: Jennifer AUSA, 12 2011
Featherdale ZooPhoto by: Jennifer AUSA, 12 2011
SkyrailPhoto by: Jennifer AUSA, 12 2011
WaterfallPhoto by: Jennifer AUSA, 12 2011
Follow the winding Cliff Drive on your journey into the Blue Mountains National Park, where your first stop is Echo Point. Overlooking the rocky outcrops and eucalypt forests of the Megalong Valley, from Echo Point you can see right across the valley to the Three Sisters rock formation at Katoomba. While taking in the views, enjoy a commentary on the Aboriginal legends behind these famous rocky pinnacles.
Visit Scenic World, where you can ride the world’s steepest railways or take the gondola for aerial views of the valley below (if option selected).
More Aboriginal legends await at the Waradah Aboriginal Centre, an acclaimed contemporary gallery. See traditional artworks, watch dance performances, enjoy an interactive didgeridoo experience, and learn about contemporary Aboriginal culture firsthand from the local Darug and Gundungurra people.
Leaving the cultural center, travel to the quaint mountain township of Leura, home to cafes, restaurants and the Candy Store with sweets from Australia and around the world. Enjoy lunch in Leura (own expense or included if you choose the lunch option) and browse the town's antique stores and boutiques.
In the afternoon, hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies and enjoy a close-up encounter with koalas at Featherdale Wildlife Park, one of Australia's largest private collections of native animals and birds. Don’t forget your camera to photograph the varied wildlife in a natural bush setting.
As you head back to Sydney, travel via Olympic Park to see the impressive stadiums built for the Sydney 2000 Olympics, and be returned to selected Sydney hotels in the late afternoon.
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list.
- Scenic Skyway - Australia's only horizontal passenger-carrying cable car. It is a 7-minute ride 656 feet (200 meters) above the Jamison Valley where you can appreciate superb views of the Three Sisters, Katoomba Falls, Mt Solitary and Orphan Rock. The Skyway operates every 10 minutes.
- Scenic Railway - This is the world's steepest incline railway. Travel through the tunnel and ancient rainforest as the railway descends 1361 feet (415 meters) down the escarpment at a gradient of 52 degrees. The railway takes you to the rainforest boardwalk connecting to the Sceniscender platform and operates every 10 minutes.
- Scenic Cableway - The steepest aerial cable car in Australia will take you on a 1788 feet (545 meters) ride into the World Heritage Listed rainforest of the Jamison valley. The Scenic Cableway is completely wheelchair accessible.
Light cafe-style lunch - menu subject to change
- Spaghetti bolognese pasta
- Chicken and salad wrap sandwich
- Samosas served with Greek yogurt and salad
- Vegetable and goats cheese frittata served with salad
- 7.45am Aspire Hotel
- 7.20am Boulevard Hotel
- 7.15am Cambridge Inn
- 7.15am Crescent on Bayswater
- 6.35am Crowne Plaza Coogee
- 7.10am De'Vere Hotel
- 7.40am Four Points Sheraton
- 7.25am Four Seasons
- 7.10am Grace Hotel
- 7.35am Hilton Hotel
- 6.20am Holiday Inn Airport Hotel
- 7.45am Holiday Inn Darling Harbour
- 7.00am Ibis King Street Wharf
- 7.15am Intercontinental
- 7.00am Langham Hotel
- 7.20am Marriott Sydney Harbour
- 7.05am Menzies Hotel
- 7.35am Mecure Sydney
- 7.20am Metro Sydney Central
- 7.50am Novotel Darling Harbour
- 7.40am Novotel Sydney Central
- 7.35am Old Sydney Holiday Inn
- 7.45am Parkroyal Darling Harbour
- 7.35am Park Hyatt
- 7.30am Park Regis
- 7.25am Pullman Hotel
- 7.20am Raddisson Blu
- 7.40am Rendezvous Hotel
- 7.25am Rydges World Square
- 7.40am Sebel Pier One
- 7.20am Sebel Surry Hills
- 7.30am Shangri-la Hotel
- 7.30am Sheraton on the Park
- 7.10am Sofitel Wentworth
- 7.50am Star City Coach Terminal
- 6.50am Swiss Grand Bondi
- 7.40am Swissotel
- 7.25am Sydney Harbour YHA
- 7.15am Vibe Hotel Sydney
- 7.10am Westin Sydney
- 7.25am YHA Sydney Central
Reviewed by Fitgirlhilda, USA, May 2013
One if the most beautiful national parks I've ever been to. Very nice bus driver/guide. Wildlife park was great too.
Reviewed by Stephen P, April 2013
This was a brilliant day out our only moan was that we didn't have enough time to see everything. Great little zoo !