- Blue Mountains day trip from Sydney
- Take a scenic drive along the winding Cliff Drive into the Blue Mountains National Park
- Enjoy panoramic views over the Megalong Valley at Echo Point
- Visit the quaint mountain villages of Leura and Katoomba
- See Australia's native animals at Featherdale Wildlife Park
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
It's so great to get up close and personal with kangaroos, koalas and other native animals at the wildlife park. And the comprehensive Blue Mountains tour offers three thrilling ways to get the best views.
Recent Photos of This Tour
Kangaroos at Featherdale ...Photo by: Jeanie_goldman
Scenic RailwayPhoto by: RHODORA B
Echo PointPhoto by: RHODORA B
Windy Day at Blue MountainPhoto by: RHODORA B
Train ridePhoto by: txfinks
View from Echo PointPhoto by: deepak
Mother and babyPhoto by: Margaret G
Owl at Featherdale Wildlife ...Photo by: Laura B
Koala at Featherdale Wildlife ...Photo by: Laura B
Rainforest area on the Blue ...Photo by: Laura B
Featherdale Wildlife ParkPhoto by: EC
Featherdale Park - encounter ...Photo by: Ina L
Blue Mountains Three SistersPhoto by: Ina L
blue mountain.Photo by: Wee L
Barbara and a KoalaPhoto by: Richard H
Sleeping KoalaPhoto by: James Fong
Canada, 08 2013
Echo PointPhoto by: James Fong
Canada, 08 2013
Blue Mountains Nature and ...Photo by: Asha & Brock
The Three SistersPhoto by: natalie
3 sistersPhoto by: Frank H
USA, 01 2013
What You Can Expect
Follow the winding Cliff Drive on your journey into the Blue Mountains National Park, where your first stop is Echo Point. Overlooking the rocky outcrops and eucalypt forests of the Megalong Valley, from Echo Point you can see right across the valley to the Three Sisters rock formation at Katoomba. While taking in the views, enjoy a commentary on the Aboriginal legends behind these famous rocky pinnacles.
Visit Scenic World, where you can ride the world’s steepest railways or take the gondola for aerial views of the valley below (if option selected).
Travel to the quaint mountain township of Leura, home to cafes, restaurants and the Candy Store with sweets from Australia and around the world. Enjoy lunch in Leura (own expense or included if you choose the lunch option) and browse the town's antique stores and boutiques.
In the afternoon, hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies and enjoy a close-up encounter with koalas at Featherdale Wildlife Park, one of Australia's largest private collections of native animals and birds. Don’t forget your camera to photograph the varied wildlife in a natural bush setting.
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list.
- Scenic Skyway - Australia's only horizontal passenger-carrying cable car. It is a 7-minute ride 656 feet (200 meters) above the Jamison Valley where you can appreciate superb views of the Three Sisters, Katoomba Falls, Mt Solitary and Orphan Rock. The Skyway operates every 10 minutes.
- Scenic Railway - This is the world's steepest incline railway. Travel through the tunnel and ancient rainforest as the railway descends 1361 feet (415 meters) down the escarpment at a gradient of 52 degrees. The railway takes you to the rainforest boardwalk connecting to the Sceniscender platform and operates every 10 minutes.
- Scenic Cableway - The steepest aerial cable car in Australia will take you on a 1788 feet (545 meters) ride into the World Heritage Listed rainforest of the Jamison valley. The Scenic Cableway is completely wheelchair accessible.
Light cafe-style lunch - menu subject to change
- Spaghetti bolognese pasta
- Chicken and salad wrap sandwich
- Samosas served with Greek yogurt and salad
- Vegetable and goats cheese frittata served with salad
6.50am Crescent on Bayswater
8.00am Four Seasons
8.05am Four Points Sheraton
7.50am Hilton Hotel (Pitt St entrance)
7.25am Holiday Inn Darling Harbour
7.55am Menzies Hotel
7.35am Novotel Darling Harbour
7.40am Parkroyal Darling Harbour
7.45am Rydges World Square (Pitt st entrance)
7.05am Sofitel Wentworth
7.15am Vibe Hotel Sydney
7.20am YHA Sydney Central